Kingjaffad Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:33pm
How do you install linux ubuntu
I really want the tux but i dont where and how to install linux ubuntu and i dont have a linux computer please help.
Showing 1-15 of 87 comments
< >
Tim Timsen (Banned) Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:35pm 
I heard Google is a good site to start.
scavenge Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:35pm 
You could just wait till the end of February and possibly buy one for 2 ref or even less. Really depends if this thing is craftable or not, tradeable it is, I've read.

Some ppl will get 100+ of these, they'll be very affordable for a while.
Kingjaffad Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:37pm 
Originally posted by Tim Timsen:
I heard Google is a good site to start.
was that an insult?
Samoflan Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:37pm 
Read the update. Gives you link for Ununtu Windows Installer.
Kingjaffad Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:37pm 
Originally posted by scavenge:
You could just wait till the end of February and possibly buy one for 2 ref or even less. Really depends if this thing is craftable or not, tradeable it is, I've read.

Some ppl will get 100+ of these, they'll be very affordable for a while.
really?
huh,i was expecting to be the earbuds 2.0
Tim Timsen (Banned) Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:37pm 
Originally posted by Clay Raptor:
Originally posted by Tim Timsen:
I heard Google is a good site to start.
was that an insult?
Depends.
Do you know how to use Google or not?
Kingjaffad Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:38pm 
Originally posted by Tim Timsen:
Originally posted by Clay Raptor:
was that an insult?
Depends.
Do you know how to use Google or not?
i do,i just couldn't find the link
ツ MrTheSoulz™ Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:45pm 
keep it simple.

1- download ubuntu 12.04 LTS
2- use: http://www.linuxliveusb.com/ to install it from a USB
3- stick the USB in you computer and reboot it
4- while the computer is booting up press F8 and boot from the USB
5- follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
6- after you installed and booted ubuntu on the top right coner there is a gear syblom that looks like a shutdown button, press it and go into system settings. from there go to repositorys and install the latest GPU drivers and reboot.
7- install steam from theyr website.
Kingjaffad Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:46pm 
actully i installed it from the website now it should be done in a few minutes,is that bad?

EDIT:i canceled the download
Last edited by Kingjaffad; Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:47pm
Beelzebud Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:50pm 
The one I got isn't tradeable ATM.
KamikazeMushrooms Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:55pm 
you can go to a store (radioshack maybe) where you can get a cd that instantly boots up linux. They are usually not much money, and I got one for 10 bucks, although, I don't really use linux anymore. If you don't want too much trouble installing from online(it can be a pain in the ♥♥♥), just buy a cd-rom
Kingjaffad Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:55pm 
nah im installing it now i'll tell you how it goes
KamikazeMushrooms Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:56pm 
Originally posted by Tim Timsen:
I heard Google is a good site to start.
lol i see what ur saying
ツ MrTheSoulz™ Feb 14, 2013 @ 4:03pm 
Originally posted by TheETcorp:
you can go to a store (radioshack maybe) where you can get a cd that instantly boots up linux. They are usually not much money, and I got one for 10 bucks, although, I don't really use linux anymore. If you don't want too much trouble installing from online(it can be a pain in the ♥♥♥), just buy a cd-rom
like you said you havent tried it for awhile now. install it from the website is super easy if you can read you can do it.
the guide i gave should help anyone who cant figure it out
Kingjaffad Feb 15, 2013 @ 4:14am 
Okay i installed linux.....BAD IDEA i nearly lost windows there but now i can run on linux OR windows so thats all good
Showing 1-15 of 87 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:33pm
Posts: 87