2↓st Sentry Mentlegen Jan 27, 2013 @ 12:48pm
Slight Changes to the Diamondback
Alright, since I guess all of us agree that the Diamondback is a bit oversituational to make for a decent sidegrade to stand alongside the Revolver and the Ambassador as it stands here are 2 tiny things that, in my opinion, could be done to fix this:

Turn the damage penalty into a rate-of-fire penalty.

This would
  • increase burst damage to stock level
  • make the crits 15% stronger
  • and make tracking your target easier
all without changing the current damage/time output.

Give it Enforcer-like accuracy.

And by that I mean the Enforcer's
  • ~25% faster spread recovery.

Not only is it frustrating to see your hard-earned crits randomspread into nothingness, additional accuracy would also make for a nice stand-alone perk for when sap-able buildings are scarce, especially in combination with the reduced rate of fire giving you more time to aim between 2 shots.


Just a cerebral hiccup of mine..
What's your opinion? Would these changes be a step in the right direction?
Last edited by 2↓st Sentry Mentlegen; Jan 27, 2013 @ 2:51pm
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Tim Timsen (Banned) Jan 27, 2013 @ 12:53pm 
I kind of agree, I'd use it more often if it was a little stronger.
I only use it for showing off in trade servers atm.
Bishreksual Jan 27, 2013 @ 12:57pm 
This would be great, the Diamondback has needed a buff since it was first released, practically the only reason to use it over the other revolvers is it's badass look and sound.
System 32 Jan 27, 2013 @ 12:59pm 
I wouldn't mind if this happened, theres really no big reason to use it, but if this happened I would use it.
It would basically be an Ambassador with situational crits instead of headshots
Last edited by System 32; Jan 27, 2013 @ 1:00pm
Jetty [Brazil] Jan 27, 2013 @ 1:01pm 
Yeah, it's been a long time that i gave up on this revolver, the concept is also bad designed. Could use a change of it
Gangrene Toe Loss Jan 27, 2013 @ 1:14pm 
You do know that all revolvers share the Ambassador's accuracy attribute, right? The only difference being the Ambassador actually shows when it'll hit spot on by use of the crosshair. I believe you need to wait approximately 1.5 seconds between shots.
Nuclear Kangaroo Jan 27, 2013 @ 1:25pm 
just give me 2 crits for each destroyed building and im happy
Sodium Chloride Jan 27, 2013 @ 1:52pm 
My only problem with it is that it's crap in MvM unless there's Robot Engineers. If they made it so that it got crits when you destroyed a Robot via Sapper, I would be fine with it.
Note: Yes, I understand this is completely irrelevant to the topic of the main game.
Last edited by Sodium Chloride; Jan 27, 2013 @ 1:53pm
Tin Foil Hat Jan 27, 2013 @ 2:02pm 
Yeah the only time i used it was when engineers spam mini sentries, really only used it to combat Frontier Crits. Other than that i didnt use it, soo i scrapped it :P Been working hard at trying to get better with my Ambassador.
Last edited by Tin Foil Hat; Jan 27, 2013 @ 2:02pm
Jetty [Brazil] Jan 27, 2013 @ 2:03pm 
Originally posted by ThisLD FirePyro192:
My only problem with it is that it's crap in MvM unless there's Robot Engineers. If they made it so that it got crits when you destroyed a Robot via Sapper, I would be fine with it.
Note: Yes, I understand this is completely irrelevant to the topic of the main game.
It's a good point to show how this weapon completely makes it way too underpowered in every aspect.
2↓st Sentry Mentlegen Jan 27, 2013 @ 2:52pm 
Originally posted by The Crit-Magnet Brony:
You do know that all revolvers share the Ambassador's accuracy attribute, right? The only difference being the Ambassador actually shows when it'll hit spot on by use of the crosshair. I believe you need to wait approximately 1.5 seconds between shots.
Ah my bad, I picked the wrong gun.
Fixed.
Foxy the Pirate Jan 27, 2013 @ 3:59pm 
I love the first option. The Diamondback was supposed to be able to one-shot an engineer with a crit in the first place.
LAN Mantis Jan 29, 2013 @ 7:47pm 
I agree with this, the Diamondback would be a nice and viable weapon if the reward of it wasn't so meager and situational.
-W3E- Dat Jane Doe Jan 29, 2013 @ 7:50pm 
I see spies attacking engies while sapping buildings rather than after its destroyed so I would suggest:
No random crits
-20% slower firing rate
-Deals minicrits while having an active sapper
Foxy the Pirate Jan 29, 2013 @ 8:05pm 
Originally posted by thinklogic:
I see spies attacking engies while sapping buildings rather than after its destroyed so I would suggest:
No random crits
-20% slower firing rate
-Deals minicrits while having an active sapper
No, let's keep the crits like they are.
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 27, 2013 @ 12:48pm
Posts: 14