alsex May 20, 2013 @ 10:04pm
Hat Drop Rate
Hey there, I'm new to TF2 but I have played a far amount. But my question is what is my chance of getting hats in drops. I think I may have gotten 2 hats in a drop but that's it.
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
100% Recycled Awesome May 20, 2013 @ 10:06pm 
Based on community reports, it's between 300~400 hours per hat. Allegedly it's random, and people do get hats quickly with little play time, but the consensus on average is 300~400 hours.
zeromaveric May 20, 2013 @ 10:32pm 
pretty much the only hat i got in a "drop" was the Gibus, as anyone else who's played enough has. but when i was playing MvM with a few guys, one of them managed to get a Copper's Hard Top, which we all congratulated him on
Gengur May 20, 2013 @ 10:35pm 
Originally posted by zeromaveric:
pretty much the only hat i got in a "drop" was the Gibus, as anyone else who's played enough has.

You don't get the Gibus through playtime. Also, the hat drop rate is around 1 in 128 or so if I'm not wrong.
MA☝Omgwtfbbqstfu™ May 21, 2013 @ 1:38am 
Every month or two, its not something you should rely on:3
ElNashio[dat strange] Jun 15 @ 2:47pm 
well,i played like 3000 hours and 3 months and the last time i got something was 9 weeks ago,tf2 hates me
Moss Jun 15 @ 2:48pm 
It seems to vary between players. I personally seem to get one either once a month or per 100 hours of playtime.
Bags Jun 15 @ 2:52pm 
Originally posted by 100% Recycled Awesome:
Based on community reports, it's between 300~400 hours per hat. Allegedly it's random, and people do get hats quickly with little play time, but the consensus on average is 300~400 hours.
I get one every 60 hours. Yesterday got chieftains challenge :d
Guilty Jun 15 @ 2:53pm 
i would recall 1/30 chances
happened to me get 2 hats in a row
Pkms Jun 15 @ 2:53pm 
I have gotten about 30 hat/misc drops in my all my tf2 time, including an outback intellectual and an all-father back when it was 2 keys. On my idle account I have gotten about 5.
Malik Blishtar (Banned) Jun 15 @ 2:54pm 
does no one else see the necro?
Bags Jun 15 @ 2:55pm 
Originally posted by Malik Blishtar:
does no one else see the necro?
Lol! Just noticed
Littlefoot Jun 15 @ 2:57pm 
I think like 1-5% or something like that.

I myself is too impatient to wait for hats to drop, even if i do get a hat it's most likely one i don't even want. So i just get my hats from the Mann Co store instead, much more reliable and faster.
NickJAwesome Jun 15 @ 3:10pm 
I got one hat and I only have 228 hours of gameplay
Miss_Rarity Jun 15 @ 6:20pm 
Originally posted by MarioGuy3:
I think like 1-5% or something like that.

I myself is too impatient to wait for hats to drop, even if i do get a hat it's most likely one i don't even want. So i just get my hats from the Mann Co store instead, much more reliable and faster.
Don't do that, Just buy a key then buy the hat from outpost or something, You're seriously overpaying by like 5 dollars.
CCUK | Glynbd Jun 15 @ 6:27pm 
Most hats you can get on the site in the above post or on the trade forums for two or three metal ref, for two dollars you could get a few hats!
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: May 20, 2013 @ 10:04pm
Posts: 17