After past special crates, I have my suspicions that either tonight or tomorrow, VALVe will release a Major Update of sorts that will include the Robocrate key. Following past special crate/key combinations...
- Australian Christmas 2012 (AKA Mecha Engine) - Naughty/Nice Crates released on the 13th December. Keys released on the 20th December.
- Australian Christmas 2011 - Naughty/Nice Crates released on the 9th December. Keys released on the 15th December.
- Australian Christmas 2010 - Festive Winter Crates released on the 10th December. Keys released on the 17th December.
As for other special crate/key items, either the Keys were released on the same day or 3 days later at the most...
- Fall Crate - Released on the 4th September 2012. Keys released on the 6th September.
- Refreshing Summer Cooler - Released on the 28th June 2011. Keys released on the 1st July.
- Scorched Crate - Released in the Pyromania Update, on the 27th June 2012. Keys were released on the same day.
- Eerie Crate - Released in the Spectral Halloween Update (Scream Fortress IV) on the 26th October 2012. Keys were released on the same day.
Since we have had the Robocrates for longer than 3 days, one can only assume the wait between the first appearance and getting the keys will be similar length to Australian Christmas Keys; a week, which it has been now...
The reason why I suggest either tonight or tomorrow is partly because of the AC algorithm delay, and also partly because VALVe have been known to release updates on a Friday, Wednesday or even a Tuesday, as opposed to a Thursday.
All release dates obtained from the wiki[wiki.teamfortress.com] and exact days found via Windows Calendar.
- Mecha Engine - Thursday, 20th December 2012
- Spectral Halloween Special - Friday, 26th October 2012
- Mann vs Machine - Wednesday, 15th August 2012
- Triad - Thursday, 2nd August 2012
- Pyromania - Wednesday, 27th June 2012
- Australian Christmas 2011 - Thursday, 15th December 2011
- Very Scary Halloween - Thursday, 27th October 2011
- Manniversary - Thursday, 13th October 2011
- Manno-Technology - Thursday, 18th August 2011
- Dr. Grordbort's Victory Pack - Wednesday, 20th July 2011
- Summer Camp Sale - Friday, 1st July 2011
- Über - Thursday, 23rd June 2011
- Replay - Thursday, 5th May 2011
- Hatless - Thursday, 14th April 2011
- Third Community Contribution - Thursday, 7th April 2011
- Japan Charity - Thursday, 23rd March 2011
- Shogun - Friday, 10th March 2011
- Community Map Pack - Thursday, 24th February 2011
- Australian Christmas - Friday, 17th December 2010
- Scream Fortress - Wednesday, 27th October 2010
- Mann-conomy - Thursday, 30th September 2010
- Engineer - Thursday, 8th July 2010
- Mac - Thursday, 10th June 2010
- Second Community Contribution - Thursday, 20th May 2010
- 119th - Thursday, 29th April 2010
- First Community Contribution - Thursday, 18th March 2010
- WAR! - Thursday, 17th December 2009
- Haunted Hallowe'en Special - Thursday, 29th October 2009
- Classless - Thursday, 13th August 2009
- Sniper vs Spy - Thursday, 21st May 2009
- Scout - Tuesday, 24th February 2009
- Heavy - Tuesday, 19th August 2008
- Pyro - Thursday, 19th June 2008
- Gold Rush - Tuesday, 29th April 2008
Since Tuesday and Wednesday have come and gone, one can only imagine that the new keys will be released in a major update either tonight, or tomorrow.
TL;DR - Robocrate Keys either tonight or tomorrow in a major update so stop making threads asking. Also, the first major update was on a Tuesday, so it's possible they won't be released on Thursday like everyone says, but maybe Friday.
Major edit: The update is live people! The Robotic Boogaloo[www.teamfortress.com]
was the contents of the Robocrate! Unlock your Robocrates with a Robokey bought HERE![store.teamfortress.com]
It's been a long wait people, but I'm glad it's finally shown up. Just didn't expect my research to be so inaccurate...