Mouldy Nipplecream Apr 19, 2013 @ 1:47am
tf2 keeps crashing when i join some servers
so i was joining a dustbowl an as soon as i got in, i picked a team a and picked a character. However before i could spawn, i crashed. i tried other maps but seomtimes as i crashed even before i got in the game. The only servers i can play are trade servers. Please help! (I play on mac btw)
Last edited by Mouldy Nipplecream; Apr 19, 2013 @ 2:58am
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
[Fr] Bouy Apr 19, 2013 @ 1:56am 
Me same. i see the down gold, im in choise character page. and crash.
I have buy me game, not free.
Orange Bitflip Apr 19, 2013 @ 2:31am 
Have either of you tried playing a map in single player?
A lot of servers just screw up after so many glitched updates.
totally NOT an assassin Apr 19, 2013 @ 2:50am 
it happens to me too
`im.viske Apr 19, 2013 @ 3:01am 
Go to steam library,right-click TF2,click properties,click Local files tab, click validate integrity of game cache.Wait for finish and launch TF2.
If you will crash again then you need to delete these folders in your main tf folder EXCEPT these ones: media,maps,replay,screenshots. After that do a validation of cache again.
Mouldy Nipplecream Apr 19, 2013 @ 3:02am 
Originally posted by Orange Bitflip:
Have either of you tried playing a map in single player?
A lot of servers just screw up after so many glitched updates.

singleplayer works fine with bots its just online. I even deleted pinion ads and redownloaded tf2, deleted my custom weapon skins. Still stuffed up!
Mouldy Nipplecream Apr 19, 2013 @ 3:02am 
Originally posted by viske:
Go to steam library,right-click TF2,click properties,click Local files tab, click validate integrity of game cache.Wait for finish and launch TF2.
If you will crash again then you need to delete these folders in your main tf folder EXCEPT these ones: media,maps,replay,screenshots. After that do a validation of cache again.

Cheers i shall try that and let you know what happens ASAP
Mouldy Nipplecream Apr 19, 2013 @ 9:22am 
Originally posted by viske:
Go to steam library,right-click TF2,click properties,click Local files tab, click validate integrity of game cache.Wait for finish and launch TF2.
If you will crash again then you need to delete these folders in your main tf folder EXCEPT these ones: media,maps,replay,screenshots. After that do a validation of cache again.

the first didnt work and the second one sounds a bit risky, will the folders come back ?
`im.viske Apr 19, 2013 @ 9:28am 
of course they will back and be new but only after valiation
Mouldy Nipplecream Apr 19, 2013 @ 7:32pm 
Originally posted by viske:
of course they will back and be new but only after valiation

ah ok ill try it!
Blue Bamf Apr 19, 2013 @ 7:36pm 
Idk what the update was, but i disconnect everytime i push play i cant even play atm
Mouldy Nipplecream Apr 19, 2013 @ 8:26pm 
Originally posted by viske:
of course they will back and be new but only after valiation


it worked! thanks! :) +rep
Akana Jan 23 @ 4:30pm 
I crush only when I joing servers with ads. What to do ;3;
I got a fix! Throw your computer out in the landfill and cry
[2S] waffle™ Feb 15 @ 2:59am 
thanks!
Eugatnom³² Feb 15 @ 3:28am 
Ever since I joined a randomizer server and accidentally clicked on a popup ad in the intro screen, I've been crashing every time I click on that server.
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 19, 2013 @ 1:47am
Posts: 15