Expand Dong Apr 7, 2013 @ 9:28pm
TF2 Voice chat not working
I can't hear anyone in TF2 Voice chat.
I don't know what the problem is, I have it on. Plus I noticed that I cannot test my mic on TF2 either, and I join alot of servers, so it can't be the server disabling it. I need help on this.
Last edited by Expand Dong; Apr 9, 2013 @ 2:54pm
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Funboyfun23 Apr 7, 2013 @ 10:01pm 
Have you tried turning it on and off?
StickyThief Apr 8, 2013 @ 4:44pm 
Yes I have, still not working.
Orange Bitflip Apr 8, 2013 @ 4:49pm 
Can you use your mic in other programs?
DarkCrystalMethod Apr 8, 2013 @ 5:00pm 
figure out what button you want to hold down when sending your voice.
here is an example where its the 'p' button:
bind 'p' '+voicerecord'

Type that on the console and then its good to go.
100% Recycled Awesome Apr 8, 2013 @ 7:03pm 
You use mic boost? It might be working properly but the input is low. Try turning boost on.
efflandt Apr 8, 2013 @ 8:19pm 
Does it work when you test it in Options. Although if using mic and speakers instead of a headset, that would tend to echo.

In game you do not hear yourself, so that avoids the echo when using mic and speakers. And you do not see your own name, just an exclaimation point (!) on the right. Whatever key you set is "push (and hold) to talk" like a walkie talkie. Just ask on a server if anyone can hear you. It took me awhile to figure that all out.
Expand Dong Apr 9, 2013 @ 2:53pm 
Originally posted by Orange Bitflip:
Can you use your mic in other programs?
Yes, my mic works fine, i cant hear anyone in Team Fortress 2 Only.

Originally posted by DarkCrystalMethod:
figure out what button you want to hold down when sending your voice.
here is an example where its the 'p' button:
bind 'p' '+voicerecord'

Type that on the console and then its good to go.
I know what my button is (V) but remember, I can't hear anyone else.


Originally posted by 100% Recycled Awesome:
You use mic boost? It might be working properly but the input is low. Try turning boost on.

I can't hear anyone else, I was trying to say I can't hear onyone in TF2.


Originally posted by efflandt:
Does it work when you test it in Options. Although if using mic and speakers instead of a headset, that would tend to echo.

In game you do not hear yourself, so that avoids the echo when using mic and speakers. And you do not see your own name, just an exclaimation point (!) on the right. Whatever key you set is "push (and hold) to talk" like a walkie talkie. Just ask on a server if anyone can hear you. It took me awhile to figure that all out.

I said the game wont let me test my mic, I can test it on any other game and on steam options.
Wrost Jun 5, 2013 @ 5:43pm 
I'm having the same exact problem as you. hopefully me, you and others with this problem can find how to fix it.
Expand Dong Jun 5, 2013 @ 9:58pm 
Originally posted by Dispentry™ (can't hear voice):
I'm having the same exact problem as you. hopefully me, you and others with this problem can find how to fix it.

I have been looking around in commands and found command "voice_enable" if it is set to 0, set it to 1, and you can hear people again.
Wrost Jun 6, 2013 @ 5:21pm 
Originally posted by AirFox:
Originally posted by Dispentry™ (can't hear voice):
I'm having the same exact problem as you. hopefully me, you and others with this problem can find how to fix it.

I have been looking around in commands and found command "voice_enable" if it is set to 0, set it to 1, and you can hear people again.
Thanks.
The Beef Nov 28, 2013 @ 6:39pm 
Originally posted by AirFox:
Originally posted by Dispentry™ (can't hear voice):
I'm having the same exact problem as you. hopefully me, you and others with this problem can find how to fix it.

I have been looking around in commands and found command "voice_enable" if it is set to 0, set it to 1, and you can hear people again.

Thank you!
Scuhbee Fluff-leelufsk May 18 @ 10:33pm 
You can also try going to OPTIONS, then to VOICE, and see if the Voice Receive Volume meter is down. This means that you lower any sounds coming from players' mics.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2013 @ 9:28pm
Posts: 12