★Space Dandy★ Mar 20, 2013 @ 6:52pm
Will the strange frying pans or bacon grease drop in prices?
iuno theres so much hype i dont rly know
Showing 1-15 of 49 comments
< >
Renrir "๖ۣۜFox³" Oinari Mar 20, 2013 @ 6:53pm 
I don't think it will go down much. Even if I don't have it yet I don't want it to go down in value because of how awesome it would be to have a S.Frying pan.
Gengur Mar 20, 2013 @ 8:16pm 
No. As time goes by and the amount of Crate #50s increases, they price will definitely go down by a little. Though I wouldn't bet that it would go down more than 0.5 buds.

Frying Pans themselves already are extremely valued by players, making the demand for Strange ones higher and jacking the price up. Unless this craze dies out the Strange Pans will never drop in price.
O_o Mar 20, 2013 @ 9:11pm 
Let me consult my crystal ball and I'll get back to you.
★Space Dandy★ Mar 20, 2013 @ 9:27pm 
Originally posted by O_o:
Let me consult my crystal ball and I'll get back to you.
HAHAHA ok
Shadowlord90 (Ryder) Mar 20, 2013 @ 10:13pm 
I find it insane how the hype for the Strange Frying Pan is. It's been out for only a short while, and it's already as valuable as a Festive Medigun/Scattergun, weapons that are valuable because they were distributed in Christmas 2011, they can't be earned anymore.

This is the red flag that the Strange Frying Pan is overrated. Think about it, you are trading 1.5 Buds, for a weapon, that is basically an overglorified reskin of all the class stock weapons, except Engie and Spy. Considering, that it would cost you not even 3/4 less to get every class stock weapon in strange value, people that are actually suckered into buying a Strange Frying pan, I pity them, and people who are actually willing to do that... congradulations. You wasted 1.5 buds you could have used to buy an Unusual.
Medicus Qui Mar 20, 2013 @ 10:33pm 
its 1.5 buds for bacon grease, that will probably drop as more get uncrated but it will still be the most expensive crate 50 items.
Daxn Mar 20, 2013 @ 11:11pm 
My question is... why the pan worths so much ?
Gengur Mar 20, 2013 @ 11:15pm 
Originally posted by Daxn:
My question is... why the pan worths so much ?

They are rather humourous to begin with, thus the extreme craze for the Strange variants.
His Dudeness Mar 20, 2013 @ 11:22pm 
Man I like the frying pan but I only use it for the scout or maybe even the heavy cause everyone else has a clearly better melee weapon than stock. I'm just surprised as it's price.

..Well I forgot demoman with no negatives but I prefer smashing somebody with a bottle lol.
Shadowlord90 (Ryder) Mar 20, 2013 @ 11:29pm 
Originally posted by DeathViruzX:
Originally posted by Daxn:
My question is... why the pan worths so much ?

They are rather humourous to begin with, thus the extreme craze for the Strange variants.

Humor over gameplay. What is TF2 becoming? No, what is gaming in general becoming.
Gengur Mar 21, 2013 @ 12:42am 
Originally posted by xG Shadowlord90:
Originally posted by DeathViruzX:

They are rather humourous to begin with, thus the extreme craze for the Strange variants.

Humor over gameplay. What is TF2 becoming? No, what is gaming in general becoming.

You play games for fun. To laugh over. Seems pretty normal to me. Unless you are telling me that you don't play games to have fun.
Shadowlord90 (Ryder) Mar 21, 2013 @ 12:15pm 
Originally posted by ♥♥♥♥_Off #Haaaaai:
Originally posted by xG Shadowlord90:

Humor over gameplay. What is TF2 becoming? No, what is gaming in general becoming.

You play games for fun. To laugh over. Seems pretty normal to me. Unless you are telling me that you don't play games to have fun.

We play games for fun, yes. But how would you like it if a company came out with an item for humor, and than people started charging for it.

Oh wait, that happened, it's called TF2. Well than, maybe in the next Mario game people should start charging people for 1-Ups, and in the next Sonic game, people should start charging for Power ups.

TF2 is one of the only games I know of where users have to pay for items, and the community overprices items to the point where the fun is virtually nonexistant. It's fun for the people who have everything, but for the people who want good items, it's a never ending game of grinding and trading. Explain how this, is fun.
Ice Mar 22, 2013 @ 2:48am 
It doesn't take a detective to figure out that Valve placed the bacon grease is crate 50 because everyone wants it, they made it extremily expensive, Therefore, People Buy keys to save up for it, giving valve more and more money !
Valve are one of the most selfish companys i know
Gengur Mar 22, 2013 @ 3:18am 
Originally posted by xG Shadowlord90:

We play games for fun, yes. But how would you like it if a company came out with an item for humor, and than people started charging for it.

Oh wait, that happened, it's called TF2. Well than, maybe in the next Mario game people should start charging people for 1-Ups, and in the next Sonic game, people should start charging for Power ups.

TF2 is one of the only games I know of where users have to pay for items, and the community overprices items to the point where the fun is virtually nonexistant. It's fun for the people who have everything, but for the people who want good items, it's a never ending game of grinding and trading. Explain how this, is fun.

Valve doesn't force you to buy items. Its your own perception and view of having fun, that makes TF2 fun. And do tell me, what game company in this world creates games, releases them for free, but not have some sort of in-game store where they can make money off? This world runs on money. People don't open up game companies to waste their time and effort. I really hope you can open up your eyes and understand how ♥♥♥♥ed up this world is and what it is becoming, and accept it and deal with it.


Originally posted by Ice0x:
It doesn't take a detective to figure out that Valve placed the bacon grease is crate 50 because everyone wants it, they made it extremily expensive, Therefore, People Buy keys to save up for it, giving valve more and more money !
Valve are one of the most selfish companys i know

Valve, selfish? Do tell me, if you were in Gabe's postion, as the owner of Valve. Would you not want to make profits off of your hard work, slogging your guts over the years to make money? Unless you do not get paid to do whatever job you may have right now, I'd suggest you do not make such assertions against any company for being stingy or selfish for merely wanting to make a little more profit off of their work.
Showing 1-15 of 49 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 20, 2013 @ 6:52pm
Posts: 49