<Blazie-Senpai> Nov 1, 2013 @ 5:22am
Accused of cheating in a valve server
I was playing on a Valve 24/7 Helltower server with some friends, playing around, getting footage of the update and the Helltower Gameplay when I suddenly get banned from the server for cheating by a vote by some f2p kid!
Thing is, I wasnt cheating, I have video proof and friends who can speak on my behalf and have recorded the incident themselves.
Heres a link to the video proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQYyPWzKjv8&feature=youtu.be
So, the question is, how do I lift this ban?

EDIT: You guys all told me it was a 30 minute ban and not a permanent ban and you were all right, thing is, it was the first time this has ever happened to me and I was kinda freaking out at the time. So thank you all for your support :)
Last edited by <Blazie-Senpai>; Nov 2, 2013 @ 4:24am
Showing 1-15 of 48 comments
< >
Faceless Male ⑨ (Banned) Nov 1, 2013 @ 5:29am 
Well is it a VAC ban or a basic ban?

if its VAC it can't be lifted
if its regular then its either temprorary or permanant but you can just go to another server and play HellTower (2spooky)

☣Fear☣ Nov 1, 2013 @ 5:30am 
add the kid and laugh at him for being 12.
<Blazie-Senpai> Nov 1, 2013 @ 5:34am 
Originally posted by Swampert:
Well is it a VAC ban or a basic ban?

if its VAC it can't be lifted
if its regular then its either temprorary or permanant but you can just go to another server and play HellTower (2spooky)

it was a VAC ban, I was wrongly accused by some little punk f2p!
I contacted steam support hoping they get back to me soon

Originally posted by ☣Fear☣:
add the kid and laugh at him for being 12.

Im laughing at the punk for being a f2p noob who gets mad and accuses people of cheating if they are better than them :/
Faceless Male ⑨ (Banned) Nov 1, 2013 @ 5:37am 
Originally posted by <Blazie>:
Originally posted by Swampert:
Well is it a VAC ban or a basic ban?

if its VAC it can't be lifted
if its regular then its either temprorary or permanant but you can just go to another server and play HellTower (2spooky)

it was a VAC ban, I was wrongly accused by some little punk f2p!
I contacted steam support hoping they get back to me soon

Originally posted by ☣Fear☣:
add the kid and laugh at him for being 12.

Im laughing at the punk for being a f2p noob who gets mad and accuses people of cheating if they are better than them :/
oh shiz,VAC bans are permabans....well as you said maybe steam support will help,and try and do something about that little kid
Bal Nov 1, 2013 @ 5:38am 
You don't have a VAC ban. Your profile would list if so.
<Blazie-Senpai> Nov 1, 2013 @ 5:38am 
Originally posted by Swampert:
Originally posted by <Blazie>:

it was a VAC ban, I was wrongly accused by some little punk f2p!
I contacted steam support hoping they get back to me soon



Im laughing at the punk for being a f2p noob who gets mad and accuses people of cheating if they are better than them :/
oh shiz,VAC bans are permabans....well as you said maybe steam support will help,and try and do something about that little kid

Well Im awaiting their response and I hope the forst to come to that punk
<Blazie-Senpai> Nov 1, 2013 @ 5:39am 
Originally posted by Cyan:
You don't have a VAC ban. Your profile would list if so.

wait, how do you find that out? I dont know where to find that out, and Ive been using steam for years .3.
slam_dank (Banned) Nov 1, 2013 @ 5:40am 
VAC bans take a few weeks to go into action.
It must have detected you using a cheat, of course F7 is used to send to abuse reporters which allows VAC to know who to check first. It wasn't some noob f2p kid, you were detected for using an external cheat engine at some point in time.
Red Nov 1, 2013 @ 5:41am 
A VAC ban isn't listed on your profile, and a VAC ban can take a month or weeks to actually appear. VAC bans also can't be issued by other users. Did you inject anything into TF2's code or have anything running when that happened?
<Blazie-Senpai> Nov 1, 2013 @ 5:44am 
Originally posted by {λ³}MB-Spoo-Key:
VAC bans take a few weeks to go into action.
It must have detected you using a cheat, of course F7 is used to send to abuse reporters which allows VAC to know who to check first. It wasn't some noob f2p kid, you were detected for using an external cheat engine at some point in time.

Thing is, I havent installed any cheats or anything, I havrnt installed any cheats or hacks or anything. I wish I knew...


Originally posted by Red:
A VAC ban isn't listed on your profile, and a VAC ban can take a month or weeks to actually appear. VAC bans also can't be issued by other users. Did you inject anything into TF2's code or have anything running when that happened?

The only code I have in my TF2 is the novid code to skip the Valve logo when I launch the game (because it would normally crash after) but I dont use cheats, Hacks or codes
Porco Rosso Nov 1, 2013 @ 5:45am 
A "banning" by vote is only a 30 minute block from rejoining that server. It has nothing to do with VAC, and I'm not sure Valve cares about the vote-bans.

You have nothing to worry about.
<Blazie-Senpai> Nov 1, 2013 @ 5:49am 
Originally posted by Porco Rosso:
A "banning" by vote is only a 30 minute block from rejoining that server. It has nothing to do with VAC, and I'm not sure Valve cares about the vote-bans.

You have nothing to worry about.

I hope you're right man, I know I wasnt cheating and I have video proof. :(
Bal Nov 1, 2013 @ 5:53am 
Originally posted by <Blazie>:
Originally posted by Porco Rosso:
A "banning" by vote is only a 30 minute block from rejoining that server. It has nothing to do with VAC, and I'm not sure Valve cares about the vote-bans.

You have nothing to worry about.

I hope you're right man, I know I wasnt cheating and I have video proof. :(

Yeah, people can just be ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s and randomly try to voteban/votekick others because they're buttmad.

Just find a better server without it.
Michelbylette Nov 1, 2013 @ 5:54am 
Poor bro, victim of a 12-years-olded punk !!! :(
<Blazie-Senpai> Nov 1, 2013 @ 5:58am 
Originally posted by Cyan:
Originally posted by <Blazie>:

I hope you're right man, I know I wasnt cheating and I have video proof. :(

Yeah, people can just be ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s and randomly try to voteban/votekick others because they're buttmad.

Just find a better server without it.

I hear ya, my friend told me the peoson who accused me was a f2p whose only been playing the game for 45 minutes total play time! now thats an all time low!
it pisses me off and freaks me out at the same time, especially since I might not be able to play on 50% of the servers now for being wrongly accused... but I have a strong case against it

Originally posted by Mec612:
Poor bro, victim of a 12-years-olded punk !!! :(

I hope the little punk gets whats coming to him... >:c
Showing 1-15 of 48 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 1, 2013 @ 5:22am
Posts: 48