NO PAIN (Banned) Dec 17, 2013 @ 5:59pm
The community hated the Robotic Boogaloo update
Which was the only fully community-made update. I think this tells us something about ourselves.
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
< >
CausticFlames [AMD] Dec 17, 2013 @ 6:00pm 
that is so true. i think it was at the point where everyone was execited for a community update, but seeing that it was just re-skined versions of normal hats let people down
Pie flavored Dec 17, 2013 @ 6:11pm 
Technically it was the workshop,not the entire community.
Someone Dec 17, 2013 @ 6:13pm 
Originally posted by Pie festive:
Technically it was the workshop,not the entire community.
Aren't the workshop's creations upvoted by the community first?
Last edited by Someone; Dec 17, 2013 @ 6:13pm
Star and Moon Dec 17, 2013 @ 6:15pm 
I didn't "hate" it persay, but it wasn't realy anything new, just robot hats.
Edo the 309th Dec 17, 2013 @ 6:20pm 
The main reason people hated it, though, was because it was nothing but hats. Reskins of hats that were already out for a while beforehand, in fact.

Now, if Boogaloo revoved around weapons and maps, my guess is that the reaction would be much better on the whole.
NO PAIN (Banned) Dec 17, 2013 @ 6:23pm 
Originally posted by Edo the 309th:
The main reason people hated it, though, was because it was nothing but hats. Reskins of hats that were already out for a while beforehand, in fact.

Now, if Boogaloo revoved around weapons and maps, my guess is that the reaction would be much better on the whole.

Then why did people upvote all those hats that they hated?
Frank Dec 17, 2013 @ 6:30pm 
Originally posted by Mister Who:
Originally posted by Edo the 309th:
The main reason people hated it, though, was because it was nothing but hats. Reskins of hats that were already out for a while beforehand, in fact.

Now, if Boogaloo revoved around weapons and maps, my guess is that the reaction would be much better on the whole.

Then why did people upvote all those hats that they hated?
the community is lying. they say they hated the robotic boogaloo update, but in reality, they actually like it. they don't want other people to find the truth, but i discovered it
Sir Zorba [R.I.P. Axtinguisher] Dec 17, 2013 @ 6:37pm 
They liked the hats, but as with everything, too much of a good thing is bad. ALL hats (and most of them ugly as ♥♥♥♥ imo) was a terrible idea. Should've done robot weapons instead EVEN if just reskins. Anyone see that sentry buster caber reskin? I would kill to see that make it into the game.
Last edited by Sir Zorba [R.I.P. Axtinguisher]; Dec 17, 2013 @ 6:38pm
Faceless Male ⑨ (Banned) Dec 17, 2013 @ 6:39pm 
Originally posted by Sir Zorba:
They liked the hats, but as with everything, too much of a good thing is bad. ALL hats (and most of them ugly as ♥♥♥♥ imo) was a terrible idea. Should've done robot weapons instead EVEN if just reskins. Anyone see that sentry buster caber reskin? I would kill to see that make it into the game.
A sober person would run away from it
Woobie :3 Dec 17, 2013 @ 6:40pm 
Originally posted by Mister Who:
Then why did people upvote all those hats that they hated?
Because they were good. Edo said that the main problem was that there were too many hats, not that the hats were bad. Also, I believe most people don't vote based on how much they want an item in the game, just that if it looks nice or not.
Also, almost all the Boogaloo hats are at 3 or 4 stars (and it looks like the 3 stars outnumber the 4 stars), or don't have enough ratings, while it looks like most of the Halloween accepted items have 5 stars.
Last edited by Woobie :3; Dec 17, 2013 @ 6:40pm
Faceless Male ⑨ (Banned) Dec 17, 2013 @ 6:41pm 
Imagne if the Robo Bill's hat,Robo Max head,and Robo Tavish's Crown would go for.... well if they got in
Soreasan Dec 17, 2013 @ 6:47pm 
I think the biggest letdown was that they were based off hats we already had ingame, and most just looked like a weird imitation of the original with very few new idea being put in.

I think most of the hats just had no inspiration to make people desire them over the original. However there were a few with creative looks, or just vibrant colors that i like. (Tyrantium helm's colors and etched metal, bunsen brave's flame feathers and it's hillarious description, The tin 1000, and the firewall helmet's scraped bright shiny steel im used to.)

But, most of them sucked and ended up not being very desired after the hype ended, like the shooters tin topi, the metal football helmet, the metalized scout default hat, the bot dogger, etc.
Faceless Male ⑨ (Banned) Dec 17, 2013 @ 6:48pm 
Originally posted by Soreasan:
I think the biggest letdown was that they were based off hats we already had ingame, and most just looked like a weird imitation of the original with very few new idea being put in.

I think most of the hats just had no inspiration to make people desire them over the original. However there were a few with creative looks, or just vibrant colors that i like. (Tyrantium helm's colors and etched metal, bunsen brave's flame feathers and it's hillarious description, The tin 1000, and the firewall helmet's scraped bright shiny steel im used to.)

But, most of them sucked and ended up not being very desired after the hype ended, like the shooters tin topi, the metal football helmet, the metalized scout default hat, the bot dogger, etc.
WRONG

WRONG
WRONG
NSFO
NSDNK
SDFNEIO
NEIH
WENUJEFB

*Breaths* wrong
Frank Dec 17, 2013 @ 6:48pm 
Originally posted by Festive Swampert:
Originally posted by Soreasan:
I think the biggest letdown was that they were based off hats we already had ingame, and most just looked like a weird imitation of the original with very few new idea being put in.

I think most of the hats just had no inspiration to make people desire them over the original. However there were a few with creative looks, or just vibrant colors that i like. (Tyrantium helm's colors and etched metal, bunsen brave's flame feathers and it's hillarious description, The tin 1000, and the firewall helmet's scraped bright shiny steel im used to.)

But, most of them sucked and ended up not being very desired after the hype ended, like the shooters tin topi, the metal football helmet, the metalized scout default hat, the bot dogger, etc.
That is the greatest argument i've ever heard
Faceless Male ⑨ (Banned) Dec 17, 2013 @ 6:51pm 
Originally posted by Frank:
Originally posted by Festive Swampert:
That is the worst argument i've ever heard
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 17, 2013 @ 5:59pm
Posts: 31