CapNKirkland May 10, 2014 @ 5:13pm
this game is unplayable.. too much rubberbanding
i just started playing the game a few days ago, so far it's been fun.. except that my screen will freeze up for a moment and ill jump back to where i was long before the screen froze or ill basically teleport miles infront of me where i dont want to be... its making anything i do worthless and brings the game to an unplayble state since i seem to be the only one lagging and i'm a free kill.

my internet is fine. i got 30 up and 10 down just with wifi, its much faster with an ethernet cable, i haven't seen my ping in game go above 50 yet i see basically everyone else above 300.

i VERY MUCH doubt its my rig since it's this:
Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel (R) core (TM) i7-3770k CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.90GHz
Ram - 16.0 GB
64-bit
GTX-670

so how do i go about fixing this problem since its a huge game breaker?
Showing 1-15 of 43 comments
< >
hellish egg (Banned) May 10, 2014 @ 5:23pm 
Try verifying game files.
CapNKirkland May 10, 2014 @ 5:32pm 
and how do i do that?
Cap'n Lube Handle May 10, 2014 @ 5:34pm 
try reinstalling the game
Silver Flame May 10, 2014 @ 5:44pm 
Originally posted by KirklandGamer:
and how do i do that?
Right click it in game libary and it should be under one of those

Greed (Banned) May 10, 2014 @ 5:51pm 
This is actually surprising sing TF2's requirements are maybe the most flexible I've seen for a game.It can play on almost any PC as I'm aware.
Fedex May 10, 2014 @ 5:55pm 
1) It might be your game files, right click the game on steam then click local files then click verify files.
2) It might be the server ur playing in! Sounds like ur in a very high ping server! In the server menu, choose the settings to display servers below 50 ping or below 100. It's most likely because of the high ping you have!
Darkanine (Banned) May 10, 2014 @ 5:57pm 
Is it a lag issue? If so lowering the settings might be able to help.
CapNKirkland May 10, 2014 @ 5:58pm 
Originally posted by Fedex+:
1) It might be your game files, right click the game on steam then click local files then click verify files.
2) It might be the server ur playing in! Sounds like ur in a very high ping server! In the server menu, choose the settings to display servers below 50 ping or below 100. It's most likely because of the high ping you have!

my ping is 50 i dont have high ping. and i've been joining servers with 40 or under latency.
CapNKirkland May 10, 2014 @ 5:58pm 
Originally posted by Mawile (Darkanine):
Is it a lag issue? If so lowering the settings might be able to help.

there are no settings to lower
Greed (Banned) May 10, 2014 @ 6:00pm 
Originally posted by KirklandGamer:
Originally posted by Mawile (Darkanine):
Is it a lag issue? If so lowering the settings might be able to help.

there are no settings to lower

1.Go to options
2.Click video
3.Click advanced options
There should be a whole list of things that modify the graphics of the game.
Kaon the Dragon May 10, 2014 @ 6:10pm 
Try connecting to servers you have under 60 ping to.
Don't know what ping is?
uninstall the game because this is not baby's first PC game
CapNKirkland May 10, 2014 @ 6:19pm 
Originally posted by KaBewm:
Try connecting to servers you have under 60 ping to.
Don't know what ping is?
uninstall the game because this is not baby's first PC game

if you cant contribute without blindly insulting when you have no idea what you're talking about.. then don't post at all. i need connection help. not trolls with assinine attemps at provocation
Last edited by CapNKirkland; May 10, 2014 @ 6:20pm
CapNKirkland May 10, 2014 @ 6:24pm 
Originally posted by Greed:
Originally posted by KirklandGamer:

there are no settings to lower

1.Go to options
2.Click video
3.Click advanced options
There should be a whole list of things that modify the graphics of the game.

thanks.. i forgot to check the video tab.. but even then, i posted my specs.. my hardware shouldn't be the issue here. at all..

it can benchmark all the high demanding games on ultra like crysis and this years titles.
Last edited by CapNKirkland; May 10, 2014 @ 6:28pm
Sentient_Toaster May 10, 2014 @ 7:16pm 
Why do you think machine performance would be relevant to rubber-banding, when that directly points to a network issue (specifically, your client and the server being drastically out of sync)?

You may have decent ping at times, but terrible packet loss or a connection that's constantly resetting itself. Fix your wifi. In the previous thread you were directed to specifically to look at your wifi setup, try different channels, and the like. Have you actually done any of that?
Showing 1-15 of 43 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: May 10, 2014 @ 5:13pm
Posts: 43