Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

This topic has been locked
Bladiumdragon May 9, 2014 @ 1:15pm
Aimbotter
There's a user called "Commander Thundercock" who was using an aimbot to constantly head shot everyone despite him jumping around or with him spinning. He would literally get over fifteen in a row before randomly dying, and this happened each time. What's more, I wanted to test it further just to check, and, even up close to him running around him at point-blank with the scout, he would headshot me and the others. These are impossible feats and are extremely annoying when you have to deal with talentless idiots ruining a good game.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 217 comments
Ace42 May 9, 2014 @ 1:21pm 
Big whup, I've killstreaked more than that with my Bazaar Bargain, and nailing close-range scouts in the head isn't that hard either - at point blank their heads are bigger targets to click on.

Even assuming he is cheating, there's no naming-and-shaming on the forums, and we can do nothing about it. Hit F7 to report him in-game, and switch to his team in order to vote-kick him off the server.

VAC uses a delayed ban system, so any cheats he is using have probably already been detected and flagged, and he'll be banned in a matter of days, weeks, months.
Bladiumdragon May 9, 2014 @ 1:24pm 
Originally posted by Ace42:
Big whup, I've killstreaked more than that with my Bazaar Bargain, and nailing close-range scouts in the head isn't that hard either - at point blank their heads are bigger targets to click on.

Even assuming he is cheating, there's no naming-and-shaming on the forums, and we can do nothing about it. Hit F7 to report him in-game, and switch to his team in order to vote-kick him off the server.

VAC uses a delayed ban system, so any cheats he is using have probably already been detected and flagged, and he'll be banned in a matter of days, weeks, months.

No it isn't. He literally had no delay between headshots. He was bunnyhopping and between each hops he would headshot. I couldn't even leave the spawn for a second before I was headshotted.
was it a pay to win server? (you know where you pay for premium and get game breaking perks) if not, screen shot and report
piruk May 9, 2014 @ 1:26pm 
While he was probably cheating, naming and shaming on these forums isn't permitted. He will probably be banned by VAC eventually.
Bladiumdragon May 9, 2014 @ 1:33pm 
Originally posted by piruk00es:
While he was probably cheating, naming and shaming on these forums isn't permitted. He will probably be banned by VAC eventually.
I don't trust VAC anymore now that I know it can ban users who simply use mods.
Bladiumdragon May 9, 2014 @ 1:34pm 
Originally posted by Furry Kickin' Pony Puncher:
was it a pay to win server? (you know where you pay for premium and get game breaking perks) if not, screen shot and report
No. it's an official valve KOTH server.
Sentient_Toaster May 9, 2014 @ 1:34pm 
That.

Also, playing on servers with active admins obviously helps.
piruk May 9, 2014 @ 1:34pm 
Originally posted by bladiumdragon:
Originally posted by piruk00es:
While he was probably cheating, naming and shaming on these forums isn't permitted. He will probably be banned by VAC eventually.
I don't trust VAC anymore now that I know it can ban users who simply use mods.
Define "mods".
Originally posted by bladiumdragon:
Originally posted by piruk00es:
While he was probably cheating, naming and shaming on these forums isn't permitted. He will probably be banned by VAC eventually.
I don't trust VAC anymore now that I know it can ban users who simply use mods.
Wait wot
My gramzor dictionary says that Modifications don't cause VACs.
Only hacks.
Bladiumdragon May 9, 2014 @ 1:38pm 
Originally posted by piruk00es:
Originally posted by bladiumdragon:
I don't trust VAC anymore now that I know it can ban users who simply use mods.
Define "mods".

"Objects created by the community to change aspects in a single player game." LIke mods used in Supreme Commander. Hacks are not mods. I'm using skin mods in TF2, for example.
piruk May 9, 2014 @ 1:38pm 
Originally posted by bladiumdragon:
Originally posted by piruk00es:
Define "mods".

"Objects created by the community to change aspects in a single player game." LIke mods used in Supreme Commander. Hacks are not mods. I'm using skin mods in TF2, for example.
So? Skin mods won't get you banned. Only .exe or .dll modifiers will ban you.
Bladiumdragon May 9, 2014 @ 1:38pm 
Originally posted by The Gramzor Nazi:
Originally posted by bladiumdragon:
I don't trust VAC anymore now that I know it can ban users who simply use mods.
Wait wot
My gramzor dictionary says that Modifications don't cause VACs.
Only hacks.
Well they track certain file changes. Apparently a mod for Half-Life 2 caused the VAC to detect it as a hack, and when the users were told to appeal to Valve support, they were ignored and called hackers.
Bladiumdragon May 9, 2014 @ 1:39pm 
Originally posted by piruk00es:
Originally posted by bladiumdragon:

"Objects created by the community to change aspects in a single player game." LIke mods used in Supreme Commander. Hacks are not mods. I'm using skin mods in TF2, for example.
So? Skin mods won't get you banned. Only .exe or .dll modifiers will ban you.
Yeah, well there are mods for games other than TF2 that modify files like that to change the graphics, for example.
piruk May 9, 2014 @ 1:39pm 
Originally posted by bladiumdragon:
Originally posted by piruk00es:
So? Skin mods won't get you banned. Only .exe or .dll modifiers will ban you.
Yeah, well there are mods for games other than TF2 that modify files like that to change the graphics, for example.
Like an FOV changer?
Ace42 May 9, 2014 @ 1:40pm 
VAC doesn't ban for legitimate mods; Valve have gone out of their way to support mods in this game, including introducing the Workshop to streamline people using mods.
SV_Pure determines whether mods are permitted on a server or not - but intentionally bypassing SV_Pure counts as a Material Hack and is bannable - rightly so.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 217 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: May 9, 2014 @ 1:15pm
Posts: 217