Team Fortress 2
The Gunslinger Situation
As one of the most hotly debated weapons in the game, I want to know everyone's thoughts on this wrench is, whether is should be nerfed, left alone, or even buffed, etc. I want the entire community's stance on this.

Gonna have to copy paste something long in here otherwise the community will CONTINUE calling me a noob for no reason but making this topic.

The entire point of this "overused" discussion topic is to go deeper than "omg so op Volvo plz nerfo so i wont die" to find out everyone's individual opinions on the topic. I am interested in only finding the opinions of everyone I can on the gunslinger, I merely posted the title as it was in the beginning because it would attract both people who wanted it to be nerfed, and the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s that immediately need to call the OP a "bad" or "noob" because they created such a discussion. Please do not call me these things, it is not the point of this discussion. I know the topic is overused and beaten.
Last edited by chokeslam ultra; Apr 9, 2014 @ 8:58am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 117 comments
ʤoke Tɾain (Banned) Apr 9, 2014 @ 5:57am 
Gunslinger: Sentries now cost 105 metal, have the turning speed of a L1 sentry, gets destroyed when you die and have increased DPS
jason björn (Banned) Apr 9, 2014 @ 6:03am 
alternatively:
Get good.
Translation of the OP: I can't counter a weapon that does 48 dps, is a stationary target, and can die to a single stickybomb.

On another note, I personally like minis. They're my sticky launcher's favorite food.
Last edited by ORAORAORAORAORAORAORA And Chill; Apr 9, 2014 @ 6:08am
I just want the minisentries health reduced to a one shot for scattergun and rocket launcher and then I'd be fine with it. I mean, a normal sentry takes on average 2 rockets to kill, so why would it be the same for something thats smaller and does less damage.
jason björn (Banned) Apr 9, 2014 @ 6:32am 
You want minis to have 60 health?
Game sucks btw Apr 9, 2014 @ 6:36am 
Gunslinger is not OP is an idiot.
Last edited by Game sucks btw; Apr 9, 2014 @ 6:43am
Originally posted by Morphtronic Radion:
alternatively:
Get good.
Ace42 Apr 9, 2014 @ 6:38am 
Originally posted by JustCallMeHam #ThinkPink:
I just want the minisentries health reduced to a one shot for scattergun and rocket launcher and then I'd be fine with it. I mean, a normal sentry takes on average 2 rockets to kill, so why would it be the same for something thats smaller and does less damage.

Use a Direct Hit, then it's a One-Hit-Kill on Minis (but not regular L1 Sentries) for Soldier... Wish granted...
Originally posted by Morphtronic Radion:
You want minis to have 60 health?
No, just lower it to 85 health so you have to be up close to one-shot minis.
Originally posted by Ace42:
Originally posted by JustCallMeHam #ThinkPink:
I just want the minisentries health reduced to a one shot for scattergun and rocket launcher and then I'd be fine with it. I mean, a normal sentry takes on average 2 rockets to kill, so why would it be the same for something thats smaller and does less damage.

Use a Direct Hit, then it's a One-Hit-Kill on Minis (but not regular L1 Sentries) for Soldier... Wish granted...
I don't use the direct hit unless theres a normal sentry. And in most cases I'll just use stock even if there is a normal sentry.
Ace42 Apr 9, 2014 @ 6:41am 
Originally posted by JustCallMeHam #ThinkPink:
I don't use the direct hit unless theres a normal sentry.

There's your problem then...
Rusty Hamm (Banned) Apr 9, 2014 @ 6:46am 
Originally posted by (GSG) SlumbrousDuke:
pls volvo , nerf the apparently OP weapons ,i'm not good enough at tf2 pls make everything underpowered for my benefit screw the people who have trained and got good with the weapon due to time , effort and skill i need everything so underpowered it is lost to history due to redundency and no actually interseting stats
this all i think when i see these threads
Last edited by Rusty Hamm; Apr 9, 2014 @ 6:47am
chokeslam ultra Apr 9, 2014 @ 6:50am 
I don't think its op, the only powerful aspect of it is minispam, and I don't think it deserves 25 extra health on the wearer.
chokeslam ultra Apr 9, 2014 @ 6:52am 
Originally posted by Mr.gentlehamm(noones senpai :C):
Originally posted by (GSG) SlumbrousDuke:
pls volvo , nerf the apparently OP weapons ,i'm not good enough at tf2 pls make everything underpowered for my benefit screw the people who have trained and got good with the weapon due to time , effort and skill i need everything so underpowered it is lost to history due to redundency and no actually interseting stats
this all i think when i see these threads
Please don't edit my posts.
Rusty Hamm (Banned) Apr 9, 2014 @ 6:52am 
Originally posted by (GSG) SlumbrousDuke:
Originally posted by Mr.gentlehamm(noones senpai :C):
this all i think when i see these threads
Please don't edit my posts.i dont want people to discover what i actually think
why?
Last edited by Rusty Hamm; Apr 9, 2014 @ 6:52am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 117 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Apr 9, 2014 @ 5:55am
Posts: 117