monosodium Apr 5 @ 2:16am
Newbie here.. how to "spray"?
I come across some iinfo on the net saying that you can actually put your own pic on the wall???
PS I play TF2 on macbook..
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
monosodium Apr 5 @ 2:16am 
sorry for my crappy english..
Monochrome Giraffe Apr 5 @ 2:21am 
It's T by default.
Kikilicious (Banned) Apr 5 @ 2:41am 
You have to save the image you want into the Sprays folder in your TF2 directory. Dunno were it is on a Mac or I'd tell you. Anyway, once the spray is saved, go in game and hit options. One of the tabs, multiplayer I believe, has an option to import sprays. Point the menu to your Sprays folder and select it. Once you join a server, hit T and spray it.

However, the image needs to be saved in a certain format; I believe it's JPEG, but don't take my word for it. Hope that helped.
Rukathesoldier Apr 5 @ 3:16am 
You press Alt + F4. Just kidding. Listen to these other people.
[EMU] Mr. Conga (Banned) Apr 5 @ 3:20am 
google
monosodium Apr 5 @ 3:29am 
Originally posted by Kikilicious:
You have to save the image you want into the Sprays folder in your TF2 directory. Dunno were it is on a Mac or I'd tell you. Anyway, once the spray is saved, go in game and hit options. One of the tabs, multiplayer I believe, has an option to import sprays. Point the menu to your Sprays folder and select it. Once you join a server, hit T and spray it.

However, the image needs to be saved in a certain format; I believe it's JPEG, but don't take my word for it. Hope that helped.

thanks! for your time and effort to help me! =)
monosodium Apr 5 @ 3:30am 
Originally posted by DemoPan (mvm worker! hire me):
google

I have search over it.. maybe I am not good at using google..
all the info i got are either outdated or for window.
=(
nicoper Apr 5 @ 3:33am 
It should be about the sme for mac as windows, I have no clue though since I have never used a mac
۩≈PoF≈۩ Spud-Mann Apr 5 @ 6:07am 
(Dunno if this works)
To make good quality sprays I suggest using VTFedit:
First get the picture you want, shrink it to 250x250 pixels (that is maximum for spray) with Paint or something (I dunno if Macs got anything like that built-in.) then open up VTFedit:
import > find the picture you just shrinked > when screen pops up just press 'ok' > then from lower left tag the 'no mipmap' and 'no level of detail' > save as > Steam > SteamApps > common > tf > Team Fortress 2 > tf > custom > *your custom folder* > materials > vgui > logos. Name it something and save it.

If you do not have *your custom folder* and folders after that just make them and name those like in that list above.

Then from then go to options > multiplayer and from that drop down menu select the spray.
Last edited by ۩≈PoF≈۩ Spud-Mann; Apr 5 @ 6:07am
downfaLL Apr 5 @ 7:29am 
I got you brotha, ok so find a picture on the internet (.jpeg). Save it to your desktop. Then, go into TF2 and click options, then multiplayer, then import spray and pick the photo you got off the internet, done.
nicoper Apr 5 @ 7:31am 
Originally posted by SimpleBryan:
I got you brotha, ok so find a picture on the internet (.jpeg). Save it to your desktop. Then, go into TF2 and click options, then multiplayer, then import spray and pick the photo you got off the internet, done.
It can be .jpeg .jpg .png or .vtf perhaps .psd too
monosodium Apr 5 @ 12:11pm 
thanks for everyone's help! finally I have done my first spray in game! =D
nicoper Apr 6 @ 5:57am 
Originally posted by monosodium:
thanks for everyone's help! finally I have done my first spray in game! =D
Congratulations! Or something
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 5 @ 2:16am
Posts: 13