all euphoria must end Mar 27 @ 9:09pm
can we please change the projectile animation of the pomson to something more realistic
like maybe to something that reflects its actual hit box size, like a barn door for example

thought?
Showing 1-15 of 92 comments
< >
Expensive Furniture (Banned) Mar 27 @ 9:17pm 
since when was tf2 realistic.
porko pelini Mar 27 @ 9:24pm 
More like the whole barn.
The Real Frollo Mar 27 @ 9:25pm 
How about a heavy scaled to twice his size and animated with GMod? And you can replace its shooting sounds to "IM COMING FOR YOU!"
A_PERSON Mar 27 @ 11:15pm 
How about give it a projectile for it's crits
{λ³}NORTH KOREA IS BEST KOREA (Banned) Mar 27 @ 11:37pm 
That would help a lot, but it would be more along the size of whole 2fort.
A_PERSON Mar 27 @ 11:43pm 
Originally posted by m2Tf/Pyro - NK:
That would help a lot, but it would be more along the size of whole 2fort.
I've tested it out I now you guys are joking about the hitbox being big as X but it's almost as big as the small corridors in 2fort before the court yard engis set up in
Leeevog #RoadtoaRoad Mar 27 @ 11:46pm 
What it desperately needs is a Crit Animation. I've been that guy who wants to tank the hits for my Medic even at Low health. I see an Engineer, He fires a Pomson, I walk infront of my medic, I wait for 30 damage at 60 health, Get hit with a 90 damage critical.
Silverfox (Banned) Mar 28 @ 12:07am 
Originally posted by Adjutant SteemingBullet:
How about a heavy scaled to twice his size and animated with GMod? And you can replace its shooting sounds to "IM COMING FOR YOU!"
This needs to happen.
MA☝Omgwtfbbqstfu™ Mar 28 @ 12:10am 
Pomson particles are slow as dirt, thus hard to aim and do little damage.

If you want to complain about something, complain about the huntsman.
Last edited by MA☝Omgwtfbbqstfu™; Mar 28 @ 12:11am
all euphoria must end Mar 28 @ 12:13am 
Originally posted by MA☝Omgwtfbbqstfu™:
Pomson particles are slow as dirt, thus hard to aim and do little damage.

If you want to complain about something, complain about the huntsman.

they are both fire and forget noob lord ♥♥♥♥♥ weapons. both should be removed. at least huntsman arrows can be reflected. and engy just has to sit there spamming his infinite ammo pomson at a choke and it will carve out a planet sized trail of woe with zero effort.
MA☝Omgwtfbbqstfu™ Mar 28 @ 1:29am 
Originally posted by anarchist cat owner:
Originally posted by MA☝Omgwtfbbqstfu™:
Pomson particles are slow as dirt, thus hard to aim and do little damage.

If you want to complain about something, complain about the huntsman.

they are both fire and forget noob lord ♥♥♥♥♥ weapons. both should be removed. at least huntsman arrows can be reflected. and engy just has to sit there spamming his infinite ammo pomson at a choke and it will carve out a planet sized trail of woe with zero effort.

Not really, the projectiles for pomson are slow, meaning its hard to lead a target, its only easy to spam people in a choke point, outside that it takes some skill to actually kill with.

huntsman on the other hand is double max ramp up damage, and can headshot and kill buildings, pomsons like a cow mangler, useless against buildings.
2↓st Sentry Gentleman Mar 28 @ 2:04am 
Originally posted by MA☝Omgwtfbbqstfu™:
Pomson particles are slow as dirt, thus hard to aim
Aiming a projectile that flies like 10% faster than a stock rocket, while featuring a hitbox as big as a rocket's explosion is hard, ya.

and do little damage.
More than any other Engie weapon past point blank, not to forget that it's refrigertor-sized hitbox as much as grazing a Medic is enough to stall an Übercharge by at least 4 seconds [which equals half the duration of an Übercharge, for comparison].
Or, you know, cloak drain.
Not like the Engineer normally had a counter-class relationship with any of these..

If you want to complain about something, complain about the huntsman.
Which is using a tame, regular projectile-hitbox and has an attack intervall of 2 seconds.
Interesting standards.
Last edited by 2↓st Sentry Gentleman; Mar 28 @ 2:04am
MA☝Omgwtfbbqstfu™ Mar 28 @ 2:07am 
Originally posted by 20 Sentry Fox:
Originally posted by MA☝Omgwtfbbqstfu™:
Pomson particles are slow as dirt, thus hard to aim
Aiming a projectile that flies like 10% faster than a stock rocket, while featuring a hitbox as big as a rocket's explosion is hard, ya.

and do little damage.
More than any other Engie weapon past point blank, not to forget that it's refrigertor-sized hitbox as much as grazing a Medic is enough to stall an Übercharge by at least 4 seconds [which equals half the duration of an Übercharge, for comparison].
Or, you know, cloak drain.
Not like the Engineer normally had a counter-class relationship with any of these..

If you want to complain about something, complain about the huntsman.
Which is using a tame, regular projectile-hitbox and has an attack intervall of 2 seconds.
Interesting standards.

Rockets are the slowest things ever, but they have massive splash damage, and so soldiers basically spam them and use them up close, either is effective when you slightly miss..hell most soldiers just aim the floor, you can't do that with a pomson. If rockets were useless as the pomsons projectiles youd throw a fit;)

Trying to guess where a spy is running while spamming the slow as heck pomson is hard, if you have to reload the spies half way across the map at that point, you really are better off spraying an area with a pistol to reveal a spy.
2↓st Sentry Gentleman Mar 28 @ 2:14am 
Originally posted by MA☝Omgwtfbbqstfu™:
Rockets are the slowest things ever, but they have massive splash damage, and so soldiers basically spam them and use them up close, either is effective when you slightly miss..hell most soldiers just aim the floor, you can't do that with a pomson. If rockets were useless as the pomsons projectiles youd throw a fit;)
Yes, I mean it's not like anyone would ever get hit by a rocket, right?
Right?
Trying to guess where a spy is running while spamming the slow as heck pomson is hard, if you have to reload the spies half way across the map at that point, you really are better off spraying an area with a pistol to reveal a spy.
Which is where the refrigerator-sized hitbox comes in.
MA☝Omgwtfbbqstfu™ Mar 28 @ 2:29am 
Originally posted by 20 Sentry Fox:
Originally posted by MA☝Omgwtfbbqstfu™:
Rockets are the slowest things ever, but they have massive splash damage, and so soldiers basically spam them and use them up close, either is effective when you slightly miss..hell most soldiers just aim the floor, you can't do that with a pomson. If rockets were useless as the pomsons projectiles youd throw a fit;)
Yes, I mean it's not like anyone would ever get hit by a rocket, right?
Right?
Trying to guess where a spy is running while spamming the slow as heck pomson is hard, if you have to reload the spies half way across the map at that point, you really are better off spraying an area with a pistol to reveal a spy.
Which is where the refrigerator-sized hitbox comes in.

Assuming you don't get lucky with the first shot, the width of the pomson projectile doesn't scale with the rapidly increasing search perimeter of an escaping spy... so complaining about hitbox size when its an invisible target doesn't make sense. As I said, you are far more likely to find a spy by hosing down an area with a pistol.

You can get hit by a rocket and by splash damage when it misses, most hit by a soldier are not direct hits, its why so few people use the "direct hit". The difficulty of actually using the direct hit kind of proves my point.
Last edited by MA☝Omgwtfbbqstfu™; Mar 28 @ 2:29am
Showing 1-15 of 92 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 27 @ 9:09pm
Posts: 92