kaireilly64 Feb 21 @ 4:46am
any pros out there?
Hey, I would like to know to be really good at using the spy-cicle and the deadringer well as a
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Davidchungtawei Feb 21 @ 4:49am 
PRO tip for spy the huo long geater is a dowgrade because you can just jump over the the ring of fire
Rent a mop - Mumble Feb 21 @ 4:51am 
Originally posted by Davidchungtawei:
PRO tip for spy the huo long geater is a dowgrade because you can just jump over the the ring of fire
Actually, you don't even need to jump, you can just move in between the fire waves.

But yeah, huo long is total trash.
TheGoodTheBadAndTheGibus (banned) Feb 21 @ 4:53am 
Spam dead ringer and then insult them with chat binds
yabba Feb 21 @ 5:21am 
Originally posted by kaireilly64:
Hey, I would like to know to be really good at using the spy-cicle and the deadringer well as a :spycon:

The trick is to play 500 hours with every other class first except sniper
theshinesprites Feb 21 @ 5:43am 
"A true pro does not need silly labels"

But anyways, on topic;
Disguise as something, anything, not signifigantly slower than you AND fits in the correct location.

See someone worth stabbing alone? Go for it.

See a pyro coming at you? Ignore, you've got the spycicle.
Did he persist and burn you? Activate DR and get the hell away

Are you being shot? Don't look at them. Ignore the shots, and they'll ignore you.

See a sentry? Target that.

See an uber-ready medic? Screw sentry, target that instead.

Don't be obvious.

Read the wiki

Read some guides.
Lee Everett Feb 21 @ 5:45am 
Wait I thought 'pros' used stock, since a single flame particle can cancel a stab, and spies have situations where they have to do their pick regardless.
A Sneaky NPC Feb 21 @ 5:48am 
Originally posted by Rent a mop:
But yeah, huo long is total trash.
Against a pro Spy, I would agree; but the weapon has saved me numerous times during a Payload match - attacking side.

Other than that, the weapon is rather useless on other game modes.

EDIT: I canz do grammer.
kaireilly64 Feb 21 @ 6:13am 
thanks guys, all really helpful advice, I always wondered how to get past a heavy with huo long geater and the options for every opportunity thanks
Sol4R Feb 21 @ 7:46am 
Think about when you see a spy, what makes them obvious?
Satsujin Jiken Feb 21 @ 8:00am 
Originally posted by Theshinesprites:
"A true pro does not need silly labels"

But anyways, on topic;
Disguise as something, anything, not signifigantly slower than you AND fits in the correct location.

See someone worth stabbing alone? Go for it.

See a pyro coming at you? Ignore, you've got the spycicle.
Did he persist and burn you? Activate DR and get the hell away

Are you being shot? Don't look at them. Ignore the shots, and they'll ignore you.

See a sentry? Target that.

See an uber-ready medic? Screw sentry, target that instead.

Don't be obvious.

Read the wiki

Read some guides.

Pretty good. If you don't want to go with spy-cicle:

See a pyro coming at you? Backpedal outside FT range and revolver spam. If there are other enemies around, after firing activate dead ringer and wait for others to shoot at you so you can escape invisible without risking the fire.
Satsujin Jiken Feb 21 @ 8:07am 
Originally posted by Lee Everett:
Wait I thought 'pros' used stock, since a single flame particle can cancel a stab, and spies have situations where they have to do their pick regardless.
Not sure if "pros" always use one thing over another and spy-cicle is situational as well as DR. If you have trouble with pyros the spy-cicle can help but it's not a fireproof plan (pun intended) and mostly you can escape pyros just as well with DR after you are good enough to prevent them from getting in close range.
CaptainCrow Feb 21 @ 8:09am 
I love tf2
noname Feb 21 @ 8:30am 
One of the best things you can do with the Dead Ringer (that I rarely see being done) is disguising as a teammate. Running at the enemy team as an uncloaked Spy is pretty obvious. Disguising as a friendly Pyro works best, because that way you can run at enemies without seeming as suspicious. Just take a few small hits, activate the DR and get behind the enemy, where you change your disguise to an enemy disguise.

Also, the Spycicle is great for silent kills while still maintaining your Disguise Kit (not to say the YER isn't great either; it's my favorite knife) but it isn't always the best choice for your first life because the ice statues can give your presence away. Once the enemy team knows there's a Spy on your team (and therefore will probably spycheck with Pyros) the Spycicle becomes much better for (mostly) silent kills and evading Pyros.
kaireilly64 Feb 21 @ 11:28am 
I did have a YER but I used it to craft the spy-cicle :(
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 21 @ 4:46am
Posts: 14