Pyrophobia Feb 12 @ 10:07pm
Do you think TF2 would be better off without heavy?
Title says it all.
Showing 1-15 of 59 comments
< >
low. Dr. Medick (Banned) Feb 12 @ 10:10pm 
No, he's been here since QTF and cover fire is also needed
The Defective Crayon Feb 12 @ 10:10pm 
No. Heavy is very important to TF2, and if you're another one of these people that are like "bmw, pls nerf da hevy nao, he 2 op" Just delete this thread, It's been done dozens of times.

Just be prepared for the incoming flame war.
RacistAsianDude Feb 12 @ 10:10pm 
No? It would unbalance the game
James Sunderland Feb 12 @ 10:11pm 
Heavy is 100% balanced for pub games like every class exept the soldier.
Pyrophobia Feb 12 @ 10:14pm 
Originally posted by {λ³}The Pinnacle Of Crayon's:
No. Heavy is very important to TF2, and if you're another one of these people that are like "bmw, pls nerf da hevy nao, he 2 op" Just delete this thread, It's been done dozens of times.

Just be prepared for the incoming flame war.
I actually love playing heavy, but when I hear people say "Heavy is a noob class", or " Heavy takes no skill to play" I start to question why valve keeps him when all he gets is hate.
Pyrophobia Feb 12 @ 10:15pm 
Originally posted by Wine:
Heavy is 100% balanced for pub games like every class exept the soldier.
What about competitive?
lazybum (Banned) Feb 12 @ 10:15pm 
no.
we need fat men throwing sandviches at people.
The Defective Crayon Feb 12 @ 10:16pm 
Originally posted by Pyrophobia:
Originally posted by {λ³}The Pinnacle Of Crayon's:
No. Heavy is very important to TF2, and if you're another one of these people that are like "bmw, pls nerf da hevy nao, he 2 op" Just delete this thread, It's been done dozens of times.

Just be prepared for the incoming flame war.
I actually love playing heavy, but when I hear people say "Heavy is a noob class", or " Heavy takes no skill to play" I start to question why valve keeps him when all he gets is hate.

The same reason rockets have Gyro's in them. Without one, they would wobble out of control and crash.

Heavy has been here since TFC and without him, they would need to do major re-balancing.
Satsujin Jiken Feb 12 @ 10:17pm 
For pub play and outside anti-classing scouts heavy might be a bit useless, slow, boring, straight-forward... but not unfair or annoying. So no.

But for pyro, maybe
James Sunderland Feb 12 @ 10:19pm 
Originally posted by Pyrophobia:
Originally posted by Wine:
Heavy is 100% balanced for pub games like every class exept the soldier.
What about competitive?

well idk, there no real "competitive" mod on TF2, tf2 isnt made for e-sport.
I only played some boring 6v6 against noobs d5eu

But I think heavy is one of the "main" class on 9v9.
Without a medic a heavy is an easy target.
Last edited by James Sunderland; Feb 12 @ 10:20pm
Stonecutterman Feb 12 @ 10:22pm 
Originally posted by Wine:
Originally posted by Pyrophobia:
What about competitive?

well idk, there no real "competitive" mod on TF2, tf2 isnt made for e-sport.
I only played some boring 6v6 against noobs d5eu

But I think heavy is one of the "main" class on 9v9.
Without a medic a heavy is an easy target.
All classes are technically "main" in 9v9. The point of TF2 is that you work as a team, and every single class fulfills a purpose. There's no class that isn't important or doesn't serve a purpose.
James Sunderland Feb 12 @ 10:24pm 
u'r maybe right, I never really played 9v9
James Sunderland Feb 12 @ 10:28pm 
Originally posted by Pyrophobia:
Originally posted by {λ³}The Pinnacle Of Crayon's:
No. Heavy is very important to TF2, and if you're another one of these people that are like "bmw, pls nerf da hevy nao, he 2 op" Just delete this thread, It's been done dozens of times.

Just be prepared for the incoming flame war.
I actually love playing heavy, but when I hear people say "Heavy is a noob class", or " Heavy takes no skill to play" I start to question why valve keeps him when all he gets is hate.

They'r BABIES!
The Defective Crayon Feb 12 @ 10:29pm 
Originally posted by Wine:
Originally posted by Pyrophobia:
I actually love playing heavy, but when I hear people say "Heavy is a noob class", or " Heavy takes no skill to play" I start to question why valve keeps him when all he gets is hate.

They'r BABIES!

Don't take Babies to a Heavy fight...
Sentient_Toaster Feb 12 @ 10:37pm 
Originally posted by Stonecutterman:
All classes are technically "main" in 9v9. The point of TF2 is that you work as a team, and every single class fulfills a purpose. There's no class that isn't important or doesn't serve a purpose.

Heavy is actually the class that matters the least, in that it doesn't bring anything special to the table other than offering an extremely low skill floor that might appeal to new players if they don't care about speed. He's not even the best at slowing the game as a defender, nor at doing damage against non-oblivious sorts.
Showing 1-15 of 59 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 12 @ 10:07pm
Posts: 59