Sgt. Poptart Feb 7 @ 8:07pm
Why cant Valve make any decent Weapon Changes or New Weapons?
OK I honestly am fine with how Valve is going for repairing old weapons rather then dumping new ones in. But the changes they do make are so poorly thought out and cheap, carbines minicrits arent nearly as helpful, a health mechanic would be better, the nataschas buff is really only useful in mvm, and the short circuit just need to be completely redone. The only good buff was reserve shooters and now it might be a tad overpowered.

My main issue with this is coming up with decent weapon stats is not that difficult. Some examples I though of in about 30 min are

short circuit - take away metal so it works with widowmaker but make the thing overheat and stop firing if at full speed or you delete too many projectiles, it has to have a 10 second cool down when overheated this way its used defensively, and give him a 50% higher resistance to melee weapon damage while deployed making it easier for demos and sollys to kill him without explosives.

Natasha- Add 25% faster firing speed to make the slowdown more consistent and make the damage penalty less crippling

Brass Beast- nataschas ammo buff would go much more nicely on this weapon due to its camping nature, also half the spinup penalty

Phlogistinator- GIve it a shortcircuit esque airblast and mmph grants mini crits and movement speend in addition to healing, make it take twice as long to charge it from fire damage but it charges much faster on destroyed projectiles, rewarding pyros for helping out the team instead of mindless flaming

Baby Face Blaster- Make it take 200 damage to fill up rather than 100 so a scout really has to keep outputting damage if he doesnt want to maintain his boost meter

Cleaners Carbine- Health Restored on kill or crits charge up on damage done with either your sniper rifle or carbine to activate minicrits.

Dalokahs bar- make it drop for a small healthpack, adds to your overheal

Buffaloe Steak- Remove damage penalty and make it heal 50% of your health, being a slow class with a huge hitbox stuck with only your melee for a certain amount of time is enough of a downside.

Bonesaw/ FireAxe= +15 to 25 health on wearer.

Third Degree+ Valcanoe fragment- make them reskins of eachother with combined stats, hitting an enemy medic through his pocket is rarely helpful, lighting a medic on fire through his pocket would be much more useful.

Eviction Notice- 50% faster weapon switch making it go well with tomislav and shotguns

Homewrecker- Remove Sapper removing attribute to make neon more viable and replace it with -50% sentry knockback and -50% damage from sentries only while deployed giving a decent pyro a chance to take out a mini before hes lost all his health

Vaccinator- Remove overheal penalty buff passive resistance from 10% to 25%

Enforcer- 4 clip size instead of 6

Gunslinger- -25% range on mini sentries

Pretty Boys Pocket Pistol- 25% resistance to fire not 50%

Sun on a Stick- crits burning targets and gets crits when your on fire

Wrangler- Sentry takes 1 second after taking out the wrangler before you can fire it, wrangled minis only take 66% of damage rather than 33%

Pomson 6000- Bring back penetration remove uber drain and make it have a 5% cloak drain (penetration makes it around 10-20%) at close range only.

Ubersaw, Half Zatoichi, and Bushwacka- No random critical Hits
____________________________________________________________________________
I have many more ideas for weapons but I do not want to exceed the average attention span and in terms of balancing new weapons here are some brand new weapon stats I thought of that could be really great if added.

Heavy Shotgun that grants full health on kill but only 4 shots in the clip and no random crits
a way for a shotgun to actually be useful on heavy

Scout Pistol that has 25% more accuracy and gives you and causes you to have a 50% damage resistance from level 1 sentries while deployed, also deal 25% more damage to level 1 sentries, downsides are -25% clip size, can not jump while deployed, something that lets the scout survive the infinitely spammable mini sentry

Demoman- Stickie launcher with 25% more knockback and 25% faster firing speed and +15% weapon switch speed, downsides -50% clipsize, basically a sticky launcher designed for desorienting enemies and finishing them off with pipes, also great for setting up airshots

____________________________________________________________________________

If a bored lazy nerd can think this stuff up in about a half an about a half hour than why cant experienced professional game developers implement more than 4 to 5 weapon changes at a time? Feel free to post your weapon ideas and stat change ideas here as well as other kinds of ways Valve could improve tf2 besides adding in more overpriced hat effects and fancy shiny weapons
Last edited by Sgt. Poptart; Feb 9 @ 6:41pm
Showing 1-15 of 63 comments
< >
Tycoon Feb 7 @ 9:40pm 
the minicrits on the carbine are for all weapons, so essentially it's designed for long term bushwacka use. plus the minicrits extend on each carbine kill, so using a bushwacka to deall loads of damage and finishing off with the carbine to extend your spree is incredibly useful. the SC nerf was actually well played, because the Buff made it incredibly difficult to bypass. now that you have to refill it without using it, it's finally been entirely balanced because instead of a constant laser spam, you have to time your shots right, forcing it to be better used for defending from projectiles rather than ♥♥♥-spamming on targets and scurrying back to your nest.

also all of your ideas suck and deserve to be immediately discarded to the nearest trash receptacle.
Mr. Conga(S> taunts) (Banned) Feb 7 @ 9:43pm 
valve is the blue guy.



melon domination ftw
Last edited by Mr. Conga(S> taunts); Feb 7 @ 9:43pm
demonstration pan_ (Banned) Feb 7 @ 9:43pm 
no.
we need more hats.
Nano virus (Banned) Feb 7 @ 9:45pm 
THESE ARE ALL SUGGESTIONS FOR CURRENTLY ADDED WEAPONS
ITS A BIT HARDER TO MAKE NEW WEAPONS WITHOUT DUMBASSES COMPLAINING
PIPE DOWN AND ENJOY YOUR HATS
Stonecutterman Feb 7 @ 10:07pm 
Ubersaw is actually better with crits. Without crits, Medics land multiple hits, gaining about 75% uber charge on one target. With crits, it's only 25%. Trust me, Ubersaw crits annoy me as a Medic. I'd rather have you live so your entire team can die by Heavy, instead of just you by me.
Last edited by Stonecutterman; Feb 8 @ 10:59pm
Sgt. Poptart Feb 7 @ 10:25pm 
Originally posted by Stonecutterman:
Ubersaw is actually better with crits. Without crits, Medics land multiple hits, gaining about 75% uber charge on one target. With crits, it's only 25%. Trust me, Ubersaw crits annoy me as a Medic. I'd rather have you live so your entire team can die by Heavy, instead of just you by me.

I know ubersaw is better with crits its too good, theres virtually little to no downside its practically stock thats why I removed random crits
Sgt. Poptart Feb 7 @ 10:26pm 
Originally posted by Croc-Man of Australia:
the minicrits on the carbine are for all weapons, so essentially it's designed for long term bushwacka use. plus the minicrits extend on each carbine kill, so using a bushwacka to deall loads of damage and finishing off with the carbine to extend your spree is incredibly useful. the SC nerf was actually well played, because the Buff made it incredibly difficult to bypass. now that you have to refill it without using it, it's finally been entirely balanced because instead of a constant laser spam, you have to time your shots right, forcing it to be better used for defending from projectiles rather than ♥♥♥-spamming on targets and scurrying back to your nest.

also all of your ideas suck and deserve to be immediately discarded to the nearest trash receptacle.
give me a reason as to why any of them suck and ill give you validity, other whys its just an opinion with nothing to back it up, also the problem with minicrits is jarate already does that and so much more
Sgt. Poptart Feb 7 @ 10:27pm 
Originally posted by The everyday Demoman:
THESE ARE ALL SUGGESTIONS FOR CURRENTLY ADDED WEAPONS
ITS A BIT HARDER TO MAKE NEW WEAPONS WITHOUT DUMBASSES COMPLAINING
PIPE DOWN AND ENJOY YOUR HATS

U know u can let go of caps lock at anytime sir.
Sgt. Poptart Feb 7 @ 10:28pm 
also thats exactly what my nerf/ buff for the short circuit implies, if you hold down the max fire rate and spam at projectiles it overheats in about 2 seconds if you time it you get about 4 seconds of use before it overheats
noahadvs Feb 7 @ 10:36pm 
Originally posted by Poptart Domination:
Originally posted by Stonecutterman:
Ubersaw is actually better with crits. Without crits, Medics land multiple hits, gaining about 75% uber charge on one target. With crits, it's only 25%. Trust me, Ubersaw crits annoy me as a Medic. I'd rather have you live so your entire team can die by Heavy, instead of just you by me.

I know ubersaw is better with crits its too good, theres virtually little to no downside its practically stock thats why I removed random crits
You missed the rest of what he said. He was saying it's better to give the Ubersaw random crits.
Sgt. Poptart Feb 7 @ 10:39pm 
I know, but I disagree with that because 25% uber isnt that big of a deal because if that class that got crit lived he would have more of a chance to have killed you too
why are you considering the change for STOCK weapons? bonsaw and fireaxe don't need buffs and don't need nerfs. they're STOCK.

and homewrecker is fine as it is. it was meant for pybros, hence a boost in teamwork when defending. and I specifically remember that I was on gorge and there was a lvl 2 sentry waiting in the corner, I had my stock flamethower and was able to destroy it. without crits (sentries don't even take crit damage). no one else damaged it and I didn't ave overheal. Homewrecker is fine.

if you gave brass beast natascha's ammo buff and half the spin-up, it'd be more than likely to be used to camp spawn (you even said yourself "due to its camping nature"). and any pyro with an airblast feature would push any ubers either into sentries or into other teammates for easy pickings.
Sgt. Poptart Feb 8 @ 11:59am 
Originally posted by stereotypical anime character:
why are you considering the change for STOCK weapons? bonsaw and fireaxe don't need buffs and don't need nerfs. they're STOCK.

and homewrecker is fine as it is. it was meant for pybros, hence a boost in teamwork when defending. and I specifically remember that I was on gorge and there was a lvl 2 sentry waiting in the corner, I had my stock flamethower and was able to destroy it. without crits (sentries don't even take crit damage). no one else damaged it and I didn't ave overheal. Homewrecker is fine.

if you gave brass beast natascha's ammo buff and half the spin-up, it'd be more than likely to be used to camp spawn (you even said yourself "due to its camping nature"). and any pyro with an airblast feature would push any ubers either into sentries or into other teammates for easy pickings.

Stock doesnt mean the best valve has buffed and nerfed stock weapons before, all of pyros flamethrowers got a damage buff and he originally didnt have airblast plus you have weapons like the solemn vow and the third degree which are straight upgrades,

The homewreckers buff is intended for mini sentries mostly and Removing the sappers destroyed would make the neon annihaltor the new teamwork weapon to back up your engie

And the spin up speed is halfed but you still move insanely slow while its spun up, if your getting spawncamped its because your team has snipers who cant headshot, spies who cant backstab, and terrible team comp overall

And I dont get the airblast thing, airblast is already in the game
Sgt. Poptart Feb 8 @ 7:40pm 
Originally posted by Vin Danger:
Here are my change ideas: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/138912701/TF2_Weapon_Rebalance.txt

I love the spycicle ideas and red tape, rocket jumper I feel is just fine as a derp weapon maybe people are always gonna do stupid ♥♥♥♥ and the sun on a stick would be op, along with the yer, I think adding silent decloak would be fine dispensers and teleporters would be overpowered, and the pomson should not be hitscan just because pentration wont work well with hitscan, the thing I love about the pomson thats not op is spamming some extra fire at sniper nests and spy corners to keep them clear. warriors spirit is good but it needs more of a downside, how about more health from medics less from health packs. your eviction notice idea was better than mine I like it crusaders if fine as it is its already one of the most commonly used in comp due to how you can stay out of a point away from the battle say, after your done wtih an uber and still harass enemies and heal teammates from a distance, if someones close enough to be needled there close enough to be meleed. Alot of the medic changes would be a little game breaking but its in the right direction. I would like more if they were more subtle. Even the tiniest tweak effects gameplay immensely look what a measly 20% damage buff does for the enforcer, or a 50% overheal did for the quickfix after its buff. Small change can be helpful but I love how you completely revise broken and useless weapons rather than buff the things they do poorly. I would make more tweaks but all in all fairly decent
Showing 1-15 of 63 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 7 @ 8:07pm
Posts: 63