BadLaffs Jun 18, 2014 @ 10:46pm
WHY THE AXTINGUISHER NERF VALVE? WHY?
Hello my fellow players!

Today, we are here to discuss about this axtinguisher nerf. So recently, Valve has nerfed the Axtinguisher. Instead of the usual, wherever-you-hit-crit, now you get the, hit-the-front-then-mini-crits. No thanks. I want the original.

Honestly, who's idea was it to nerf this weapon? A pyro: 175 health. Speed, 100%. It's stupid! This nerf makes Axtinguisher Pyros extremely weak. The person who made this nerf can burn in hell for all I care.

I personally, do not like this nerf. This sucks. What are your thoughts on this nerf? Please leave your comments below down in the comment section below.



Showing 1-15 of 1,313 comments
< >
XiaoXiaoMan Jun 18, 2014 @ 10:47pm 
Simple. The Degreaser needed nerfing and they had their sights set on the wrong weapon. Though I'm all for encouraging ambushing and nerfing puff n' sting.
Life_asylum Jun 18, 2014 @ 10:49pm 
I can't find it in my heart to care. The flare gun and Shotty are so useful that I never really have to rely on the Axti, it just makes me weaker against other Pyros. I'm glad that the update made Pyro a slightly more skillfull class and less of a crapshoot.
Mister Fahrenheit Jun 18, 2014 @ 10:53pm 
Originally posted by XiaoXiaoMan:
Simple. The Degreaser needed nerfing and they had their sights set on the wrong weapon. Though I'm all for encouraging ambushing and nerfing puff n' sting.
Not quite. Since degreaser is clearly the best flamer for everything and is an upgrade from stock, they only thought of how to weaken it instead of buffing the stock and keeping degreaser as is.

Rip Axtinguisher. You will only be used for pub stomping noobs who don' know how to turn now.
Space Guacamole Dorito Jun 18, 2014 @ 10:56pm 
Originally posted by Plainly:
Hello my fellow players!

Today, we are here to discuss about this axtinguisher nerf. So recently, Valve has nerfed the Axtinguisher. Instead of the usual, wherever-you-hit-crit, now you get the, hit-the-front-then-mini-crits. No thanks. I want the original.

Honestly, who's idea was it to nerf this weapon? A pyro: 175 health. Speed, 100%. It's stupid! This nerf makes Axtinguisher Pyros extremely weak. The person who made this nerf can burn in hell for all I care.

I personally, do not like this nerf. This sucks. What are your thoughts on this nerf? Please leave your comments below down in the comment section below.

Powerjack and Backscratcher 4 lyfe.
Last edited by Space Guacamole Dorito; Jun 18, 2014 @ 10:56pm
stupendous man (Banned) Jun 18, 2014 @ 10:57pm 
Less Degreaser Baddies, we are all happy.
Mister Fahrenheit Jun 18, 2014 @ 10:58pm 
Originally posted by An Eloquent and Poignant Lizard:
Originally posted by Plainly:
Hello my fellow players!

Today, we are here to discuss about this axtinguisher nerf. So recently, Valve has nerfed the Axtinguisher. Instead of the usual, wherever-you-hit-crit, now you get the, hit-the-front-then-mini-crits. No thanks. I want the original.

Honestly, who's idea was it to nerf this weapon? A pyro: 175 health. Speed, 100%. It's stupid! This nerf makes Axtinguisher Pyros extremely weak. The person who made this nerf can burn in hell for all I care.

I personally, do not like this nerf. This sucks. What are your thoughts on this nerf? Please leave your comments below down in the comment section below.

Powerjack and Backscratcher 4 lyfe.
Try powerjacking off the heavy medic pair.
Desert Kitsune MarlFox Jun 18, 2014 @ 10:58pm 
because the number of close quarters areas(narrow hallways and the like), corners, flanking routes, and areas to drop on peoples heads is why it needed some kind of nerf plus now it encourages flanking instead of "lolnope heavy 2 shot before you can spin up while you look at me" so its an improvement and requires a tad more skill
Life_asylum Jun 18, 2014 @ 10:59pm 
Originally posted by the hell is an airstrike:
Less Degreaser Baddies, we are all happy.
Agreed to no end, only Pyros with some sembalance of a brain will use the degreaser effectively.
Life_asylum Jun 18, 2014 @ 11:00pm 
Originally posted by An Eloquent and Poignant Lizard:
Originally posted by Kai9001:
Try powerjacking off the heavy medic pair.

.......2♥♥♥♥4Me

I feel horny now
Can I join the powerjacking party? I hear it makes you fast.
Space Guacamole Dorito Jun 18, 2014 @ 11:01pm 
Originally posted by Equisphelia:
Originally posted by An Eloquent and Poignant Lizard:

.......2♥♥♥♥4Me

I feel horny now
Can I join the powerjacking party? I hear it makes you fast.

Really fast, if you know what i'm saying.
XiaoXiaoMan Jun 18, 2014 @ 11:02pm 
Originally posted by the hell is an airstrike:
Less Degreaser Baddies, we are all happy.
I know I am.
UnKnown Jun 18, 2014 @ 11:02pm 
I rather use my Notebly dangerous Backscratcher....
Life_asylum Jun 18, 2014 @ 11:02pm 
Originally posted by An Eloquent and Poignant Lizard:
Originally posted by Equisphelia:
Can I join the powerjacking party? I hear it makes you fast.

Really fast, if you know what i'm saying.
The topic has shifted so quickly. But I can hardly refuse powerjacking over several other Pyros.

Sir Zorba Jun 18, 2014 @ 11:25pm 
Originally posted by the hell is an airstrike:
Less Degreaser Baddies, we are all happy.

Degreaser "baddies" were only overpowered against people who were equally bad.
newturtlebread3 senpai Jun 18, 2014 @ 11:26pm 
Originally posted by Plainly:
Hello my fellow players!

Today, we are here to discuss about this axtinguisher nerf. So recently, Valve has nerfed the Axtinguisher. Instead of the usual, wherever-you-hit-crit, now you get the, hit-the-front-then-mini-crits. No thanks. I want the original.

Honestly, who's idea was it to nerf this weapon? A pyro: 175 health. Speed, 100%. It's stupid! This nerf makes Axtinguisher Pyros extremely weak. The person who made this nerf can burn in hell for all I care.

I personally, do not like this nerf. This sucks. What are your thoughts on this nerf? Please leave your comments below down in the comment section below.
simple use the postal plummeter...next!!!
Showing 1-15 of 1,313 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jun 18, 2014 @ 10:46pm
Posts: 1,313