Emergency Communist Jun 15 @ 6:13pm
I hate these inventory hackers...
My friend just lost all of his items after falling for the "Hey, my friend wants to trade you, but can't add you. Steam error. Add him (url)." I hate it when someone does that to me. It's exactly like when you trade off something and get scammed. Why do these people even want to steal everything from every trader ever? Comment
Last edited by Emergency Communist; Jun 15 @ 6:13pm
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Miss_Rarity Jun 15 @ 6:16pm 
... So what is the discussion? Yeah they are ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s, Just report the account and block them, It's not to hard to avoid.
Emergency Communist Jun 15 @ 6:17pm 
Originally posted by Miss_Rarity:
... So what is the discussion? Yeah they are ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s, Just report the account and block them, It's not to hard to avoid.

I already did.
Mugens Jun 15 @ 6:18pm 
Originally posted by R@ Emergency Communist:
Originally posted by Miss_Rarity:
... So what is the discussion? Yeah they are ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s, Just report the account and block them, It's not to hard to avoid.

I already did.
so then. the point of the thread?
Emergency Communist Jun 15 @ 6:18pm 
Originally posted by Mugens:
Originally posted by R@ Emergency Communist:

I already did.
so then. the point of the thread?

To increase hacking awareness! Duh!
C15 lft (Banned) Jun 15 @ 6:19pm 
Originally posted by R@ Emergency Communist:
Originally posted by Mugens:
so then. the point of the thread?

To increase hacking awareness! Duh!
I have no idea who falls for these.
Emergency Communist Jun 15 @ 6:19pm 
Originally posted by Woodruff:
Originally posted by R@ Emergency Communist:

To increase hacking awareness! Duh!
I have no idea who falls for these.

Anyone under 12, or newbies to TF2. That's why we increase everything.
Mugens Jun 15 @ 6:20pm 
Originally posted by R@ Emergency Communist:
Originally posted by Mugens:
so then. the point of the thread?

To increase hacking awareness! Duh!
we already know there are hackers, we know what they can do, and sreiously, how does their friend know you adn stuff like that?
Last edited by Mugens; Jun 15 @ 6:21pm
Spooky Adam Jun 15 @ 6:42pm 
Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft, Im friends with the guy, he's 11.


So obviously not very well informed about these things.
SkyborneScout Jun 15 @ 6:56pm 
Originally posted by R@ Emergency Communist:
Why do these people even want to steal everything from every trader ever? Comment

Free stuff, maybe. Likely. Probably. Definitely.

But yeah, phishers are annoying.
Last edited by SkyborneScout; Jun 15 @ 6:57pm
Saint Stephen Jun 15 @ 9:47pm 
Its called dont be a dumbass and fall for scammers. Your friend deserves to be hacked for falling for such ♥♥♥♥, infact he should just lose his account, please someone that hacks just steal his account.
MA☝Omgwtfbbqstfu™ Jun 15 @ 9:58pm 
Originally posted by R@ Emergency Communist:
My friend just lost all of his items after falling for the "Hey, my friend wants to trade you, but can't add you. Steam error. Add him (url)." I hate it when someone does that to me. It's exactly like when you trade off something and get scammed. Why do these people even want to steal everything from every trader ever? Comment

Its not a hack, its a simple phish.
That being said, if someone falls for that, they probably shouldn't be on the internet, or using something as dangerous as "email".
This is web safety 101 stuff.
Why do scammers do it? Because people are so careless they still fall for things like this....its sad.
There isn't much of an excuse now, the internet isn't new anymore, its all pervasive. If not your steam account, then your bank account or whatever else could be lost, it can be so much worse than just losing virtual items. He should consider it a cheap lesson in basic internet safety.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 15 @ 6:13pm
Posts: 11