Team Fortress 2
Ubiquitous Aug 8, 2014 @ 5:10pm
Why am i such ♥♥♥♥ at scripting?
I can't even script the simplest things. For example here is what i wrote:

alias "+scatter” "slot1;+attack”
alias “-scatter” "-attack”
alias "+pistol” "slot2;+attack”
alias “-pistol” "-attack"
alias "+bat” "slot3;+attack”
alias “-bat” "-attack”
bind "mouse1" "+scatter”
bind "mouse2" "+pistol"
bind "mouse3" "+bat"
bind "mwheeldown" "+attack2"


this is a script for scout. pressing m1 will switch to scattergun and shoot.
pressing m2 will switch to pistol and shoot.
pressing m3 will switch to bat and melee attack.
scrolling down will do secondary attack, like hit the sandman.

but why doesnt it work?
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
I believe you're overthinking this and assigning too many commands to a single button press. I don't see why this would be necessary in the first place.
Ubiquitous Aug 8, 2014 @ 5:15pm 
Originally posted by Umbrella Incorporated:
I believe you're overthinking this and assigning too many commands to a single button press. I don't see why this would be necessary in the first place.

it allows you to quick-switch between weapons
acommoncreeper (Banned) Aug 8, 2014 @ 5:18pm 
really unneccesary, why dont you just learn how to learn how to switch weapons like everybody else.
Ubiquitous Aug 8, 2014 @ 5:21pm 
Originally posted by acommoncreeper:
really unneccesary, why dont you just learn how to learn how to switch weapons like everybody else.

thats just like, your opinion man.

and thats not the point. if you know whats wrong with the script, please help and your help will be greatly appreciated. otherwise, no need to condesending.
Flamebird6 Aug 8, 2014 @ 5:27pm 
Im pretty sure you don't need the quotations around the names for the aliases or the names of the keys, so try this.

alias +scatter "slot1;+attack”
alias -scatter "-attack”
alias +pistol "slot2;+attack”
alias -pistol "-attack"
alias +bat "slot3;+attack”
alias -bat "-attack”
bind mouse1 "+scatter”
bind mouse2 "+pistol"
bind mouse3 "+bat"
bind mwheeldown "+attack2"

If that doesn't work, then I have no idea...
And if you already tried this, then sorry :l
Ubiquitous Aug 8, 2014 @ 5:31pm 
Originally posted by Flamebird6:
Im pretty sure you don't need the quotations around the names for the aliases or the names of the keys, so try this.

alias +scatter "slot1;+attack”
alias -scatter "-attack”
alias +pistol "slot2;+attack”
alias -pistol "-attack"
alias +bat "slot3;+attack”
alias -bat "-attack”
bind mouse1 "+scatter”
bind mouse2 "+pistol"
bind mouse3 "+bat"
bind mwheeldown "+attack2"

If that doesn't work, then I have no idea...
And if you already tried this, then sorry :l

i tried a lot of different combinations of quotes so i may have already tried it but ill try it again.

thanks for the help! +repping
Ubiquitous Aug 8, 2014 @ 6:33pm 
Originally posted by Lax:
You have the entire code all messed up.

please, enlighten me
The correct code is Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, A, B, Start.

There! You happy now?
Ubiquitous Aug 8, 2014 @ 11:25pm 
Originally posted by Umbrella Incorporated:
The correct code is Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, A, B, Start.

There! You happy now?

♥♥♥♥, of course. the konami code. thanks and +repping
Ælai Aug 8, 2014 @ 11:56pm 
I assume you want to tap-and-forget because the script seems fine to me. Weapon switching delay prevents that without wait (disabled on most servers) or leaving +attack on until you input -attack. With -attack on release, you must time-release the keypress.
Originally posted by Umbrella Incorporated:
The correct code is Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, A, B, Start.

There! You happy now?
also A,B,B,A will bring you back to life instantly.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Aug 8, 2014 @ 5:10pm
Posts: 11