Posted: December 20
Team Fortress 2 is a great game for a wide variety of gamers: it has a diversity of fun and original characters, each with their own playstyle, and even within each class you can attune the items in your loadout to your preferences. The game combines competitiveness with silliness in a very balanced way; the characters insult their opponents upon killing them in such a facetious and amusing way they can barely even be considered offensive, and yet they can drive your mind nuts about that one scout that is just too fast for you, that spy that keeps sneaking past your offensive front or that soldier that lands on your head outta freakin' nowhere! What tops this all off, is the Domination/Revenge system which induces a sharp focus on killing tough opponents, granting great satisfaction whenever you get your revenge, or better, when you get to dominate that pesky little pain in the behind that keeps bugging you throughout the round!
- Completely free to play; you can make it as expensive as you want, though
- Original, witty and funny characters with GREAT voice acting
- Silly, yet competitive in a very balanced way
- Wide variety of playstyles to suit everyone's preferences
- A LOT of different weapons, WHY CANT I HOLD ALL THESE WEAPONS
- Weapon qualities that give specific properties (Strange weapons that count kills, strange parts that count other achievements with a weapon, killstreak kits with an increased showoff-level etc) keep the game interesting and always give you a target to play for
- Great graphics and animations! Simplicity suits this game perfectly
- HATS! HATS EVERYWHERE!
- IT HAS THE CONGA. I LOVE THE CONGA! need I say more?
- too damn addicting!
- votekick system bugs, which allows trolls and cheaters to throw off an entire game (luckily only happens seldomly)
Overall rating: Solid 10/10 would hat again
So if you're bored and looking for something cheap and fun to play: don't look any further - Try TF2! It's free, so you have nothing to lose (except for your free time once you start :D)