Metro 2033 > General Discussions > Topic Details
ImWick Apr 2, 2013 @ 11:04am
Is this game worth
Hi there, i have seen a lot of replays but the game, just for the single player worth the 5 uss?? please comment ur experiences
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
MDuh Apr 2, 2013 @ 11:06am 
If you havent played the game yet, yes its worth 5$. But I suggest to try to get it for trading. You might get it cheaper
Charles Wong Apr 2, 2013 @ 11:08am 
yes get it. It is an excellent game. I would pay $10 for it!
Nef Apr 2, 2013 @ 11:38am 
Definitely worth it! I bought it in a previous sale expecting something decent but not great, but got something much better than I hoped for - agree with the previous poster!
Last edited by Nef; Apr 2, 2013 @ 11:39am
powdersdream Apr 2, 2013 @ 11:55am 
I think this game got a little less attention then it deserved. It surely is one off the most atmospheric shooters i have played!!
Cyrus Apr 2, 2013 @ 12:02pm 
one of the best FPS games ever
Videshi Apr 2, 2013 @ 2:07pm 
Extremely atmospheric and interesting, but the AI is messed up. I haven't played it in a while, but basically sometimes they just magically know where you are, and once they do every single enemy will be aware of exactly where you are from that moment forward. They will wait until a tiny part of you becomes exposed and then shoot it with superb, impossible accuracy.
On harder difficulties, three shotgun shots to the head of an NPC won't put him down.

I say, get it for $5, but you will find disappointment in parts of this game.
giovanni Apr 2, 2013 @ 2:48pm 
lol Videshi, i have allways played metro on highest difficulty and i never had problems like this, enemies die after 1 hs from any weapon if i remember correctly, only you have less ammo and health
Cyrus Apr 3, 2013 @ 1:13am 
Originally posted by Videshi:
Extremely atmospheric and interesting, but the AI is messed up. I haven't played it in a while, but basically sometimes they just magically know where you are, and once they do every single enemy will be aware of exactly where you are from that moment forward. They will wait until a tiny part of you becomes exposed and then shoot it with superb, impossible accuracy.
On harder difficulties, three shotgun shots to the head of an NPC won't put him down.

I say, get it for $5, but you will find disappointment in parts of this game.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥,higher difficulties make you AND your enemies less protected against gunshots, difficulty in this game acts more like a realism meter,at lower diff you and your enemies can take a lot of bullets,at higher diffs both of you can be dropped by one shot(especially you since you only have a basic outfit and you can get the heavy armor fairly late in the game,while enemies are using bulletproff vests,helmets and full body armors)
and they don't magicaly see you,without the stealth suit you are really visible,even in shadows,just like in real life,you don't magicaly disappear just because you are hiding in the corner,or you are behind cardboxes,if you walk past a box that has a hole in it than they can see you trough the hole if they are looking that way,also they can hear you moving,they even hear the hissing of pneumatic weapons if you overpump them,there are numerous traps,soundalarms and broken glasses everywhere,enemies use night visions and flashlights as well,you have to constantly distract guards and you have to get rid of lightsources if you want to sneak past enemies and aim for vital points if you want stealthkills
Cyrus Apr 3, 2013 @ 10:35am 
Originally posted by Brolee007:
Its great until you get to the escort mission and attacked by the heak seeking green boucing bubbles then its all over.

that's about 2 minutes of the whole game,you can destroy their pods so you won't be overwhelmed
Urah Apr 3, 2013 @ 10:45am 
Originally posted by Brolee007:
Its great until you get to the escort mission and attacked by the heak seeking green boucing bubbles then its all over.

And it isn't that hard, IF you know what to do. IF you have played the game like what it is, and not a CoD.

That part is doable even in Ranger Hardcore or whatever it is called the maximum difficulty.

It is harder to keep enough philters for the radiation.

So quit whining.
$lap_Chop Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:39am 
You'll be hard pressed to find more entertainment for $5 anywhere in this world. It's worth it . Get it.
Videshi Apr 5, 2013 @ 3:17pm 
Originally posted by Cyrus:
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥,higher difficulties make you AND your enemies less protected against gunshots, difficulty in this game acts more like a realism meter,at lower diff you and your enemies can take a lot of bullets,at higher diffs both of you can be dropped by one shot(especially you since you only have a basic outfit and you can get the heavy armor fairly late in the game,while enemies are using bulletproff vests,helmets and full body armors)
and they don't magicaly see you,without the stealth suit you are really visible,even in shadows,just like in real life,you don't magicaly disappear just because you are hiding in the corner,or you are behind cardboxes,if you walk past a box that has a hole in it than they can see you trough the hole if they are looking that way,also they can hear you moving,they even hear the hissing of pneumatic weapons if you overpump them,there are numerous traps,soundalarms and broken glasses everywhere,enemies use night visions and flashlights as well,you have to constantly distract guards and you have to get rid of lightsources if you want to sneak past enemies and aim for vital points if you want stealthkills

Hey, I played through the game when it first came out, and this was my experience. Why would I BS that? There was one point in the game, and I can't tell you exactly where, you start an area where you're on a platform, there's a platform on the upper left you can't get to, and you have to go down some stairs on the right hand side where there are two guys guarding. Well, I started it, snuck down, killed one of the guys silently and alerted the other. I got shot, I died. Every time I loaded my save from there on in, all of the enemies started out alerted and knew where I was from the get-go. I have also snuck up behind a guy, shot him in the back of the head several times, and he turned around and shot me. That happened. Bugs happen.

Has it been patched since then? Yes. Have the aforementioned problems been fixed? Probably. Is this game worth buying, even if these issues still exist? Yes.
Last edited by Videshi; Apr 5, 2013 @ 3:18pm
Videshi Apr 5, 2013 @ 3:19pm 
PS: I liked the green bubble part of the game, it was tricky to get right. =)
RGQT.CAPScapone Apr 12, 2013 @ 3:53am 
i got it for free.....
|Gent| Mc Mentlegen Apr 12, 2013 @ 12:42pm 
From what I can tell, it's definitely worth buying. I just got it recently in a sale and I don't regret it. It's extremely thrilling and I'm excited as hell about Last Light (that's the reason i got metro 2033 actually, i want to have it through at least once before last light comes out). Also, since the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series was pretty damn awesome, I assume metro 2033 well stay awesome aswell.
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2013 @ 11:04am
Posts: 15