Додано: 21 лютого
Well, this game turned out to be a disappointment.
I bought it remembering the amazing experience I had with Front Mission III on the original PlayStation. Sadly, this can hardly be compared, let alone even be called a FM game. While FM III was a turn strategy RPG, FM Evolved is a third-person shooter - a rather huge step away from the franchhise's original concept. However, this alone would not bother me that much, provided that the game was enjoyable. Sadly, this was not the case. Here's a list of 10 things that in my opinion make this game a failure:
1. Generic plot - insert "save the world" template here and supplement it with a handful of overused cliches.
2. Boring characters - a yet another bunch of two-dimensional cliches you couldn't care less about.
3. Unconvincing voice acting - there is more emotion in the sound of a flushing toilet than in the voices you hear in this game.
4. Failed customization - even though there is a variety of wanzer models and parts to choose from, the default model is so OP in comparison that you will always go for it.
5. Annoying enemy AI - this game should be called "Dylan must die" because every single enemy is hellbound on targeting you. It doesn't matter how many allies you have in the mission or how much closer they are to the enemy than you - every single hostile unit will aim and shoot at you regardless of the distance or circumstances.
6. Failed role system - because of the enemy AI, you basically cannot play as anything other than mid-to-short range brawler. Wanted to play as a sniper? Forget it - the enemy will never leave you alone, regardless of the difficulty level.
7. Annoying bosses - fighting bosses is almost entirely luck-dependent as most of them have one or two ridiculous attacks that you can either hardly avoid and/or survive.
8. Failed ally AI - your allies are useless. Completely and always.
9. Human mode glitches - when running around as a human, prepare for some uncooperative controls and random kicks to Windows.
10. Lack of a save option - the biggest failure this game has to offer. You simply cannot save by yourself and are subject to the mercy of the autosave and elusive check points. You will have to replay a lot when the game kicks you out to Win, and trust you me that it freakin' will.
Not worth your time.