Krater > General Discussions > Topic Details
®obin Jun 19, 2013 @ 9:52am
Krater Problem
Hay guys

Today i bought Krater because it was onsell
now i cant click on the ok button in the patch notice so i cant even go into the main menu.
does anyone here has the same problem or know how to fix?

Thx. Roski

PS: Ich bin deutscher also können antworten auch ruhig auf deutsch verfasst werden
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
< >
DiogoF.Lemos (Spectro) Jun 19, 2013 @ 11:15am 
My friend is having the same problem, its frustrating because we wanted to play the game together and now he cant play it at all :/
®obin Jun 19, 2013 @ 11:26am 
Its ver annoying.
You buy a game and can´t play it -.-
DiogoF.Lemos (Spectro) Jun 19, 2013 @ 11:28am 
Exactly... i just hope they make a fix for it because im excited to play co op
®obin Jun 19, 2013 @ 11:47am 
if you know sth let me know :D i would be very appreciative
DiogoF.Lemos (Spectro) Jun 19, 2013 @ 12:01pm 
try this C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Krater

find user_settings.config and open it in notepad

find the line 'aspect_ratio' and if it isn't -1 make sure it says aspect_ratio = -1, save and relaunch game.
if aspect_ratio is already -1, without you altering anything exit notepad and delete the user_settings.config file which should force Krater to make a new one at the next launch which then hopefully fixes the problem
®obin Jun 19, 2013 @ 12:02pm 
Okay Thx i gonna try it :D
Grimreaper Jun 19, 2013 @ 1:06pm 
Okey i have try this from diogoflemos and i can click the okey button but when i want to start an new game its crash in the intro and i got trow back to the desktop :( damn game over 2 years and still bugged
The_Mess Jun 19, 2013 @ 6:15pm 
Info please:
http://forums.fatshark.se/showthread.php?tid=2977

Hopefully I can find a fix for this for you guys.
NIAG_ Jun 20, 2013 @ 8:06am 
I have a problem too. Everytime I click the play button in my library. A black screen pops up then quickly disapears and the game never opens completly.
The_Mess Jun 20, 2013 @ 5:33pm 
Mess asks for more info and posts a link on how to obtain it so they can try and help solve it.

First poster after them misses it completely...

/sadtechsupportface
XANI Jun 22, 2013 @ 1:19pm 
Und hast du´s gefixt?
Boxor Jun 23, 2013 @ 3:31pm 
Originally posted by Grim Reaper:
Okey i have try this from diogoflemos and i can click the okey button but when i want to start an new game its crash in the intro and i got trow back to the desktop :( damn game over 2 years and still bugged
same :(((
i have a switchable hybrid AMD graphic card which plays every other game (from AAA games like borderlands 2, hitman absolution, grid 2, bioshock infinite, DmC to indie titles like runner 2, skulls of shogun, super meat boy, etc.) effortlessly. this game starts OK but then while in intro video it goes kaput and exits to desktop. then i tried using the native intel graphic card, and lo! it game works... but very slow as that card is not meant for gaming.
The_Mess Jun 23, 2013 @ 4:58pm 
You should be force the game to play on the AMD graphics card in the switching software. The problem stems from the switching software not recognising Krater for some reason and the same problem occurs with Nvidia Optimus as well.
Boxor Jun 23, 2013 @ 5:16pm 
i figured out how to play... WINDOWED MODE! :-|

Originally posted by The_Mess:
You should be force the game to play on the AMD graphics card in the switching software. The problem stems from the switching software not recognising Krater for some reason and the same problem occurs with Nvidia Optimus as well.
you didn't get me right. i use AMD for everything. i just switched to intel to see if the problem persists. on using AMD game crashes during intro while with intel it doesn't.
anyway, i set graphics detail to low, disabled vsync and fullscreen mode and completed chapter 1 in window mode
Last edited by Boxor; Jun 23, 2013 @ 5:17pm
The_Mess Jun 23, 2013 @ 5:21pm 
Originally posted by ROCK'nROLLBULL:
i figured out how to play... WINDOWED MODE! :-|

Originally posted by The_Mess:
You should be force the game to play on the AMD graphics card in the switching software. The problem stems from the switching software not recognising Krater for some reason and the same problem occurs with Nvidia Optimus as well.
you didn't get me right. i use AMD for everything. i just switched to intel to see if the problem persists. on using AMD game crashes during intro while with intel it doesn't.
anyway, i set graphics detail to low, disabled vsync and fullscreen mode and completed chapter 1 in window mode
That happens when I haven't had a coffee yet ;-;

btw, this thread has info on how to tweak krater so it runs a lot more smoothly on intel's HD graphics: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2813707

Also, can I please have the console logs from when the game is crashing + what AMD card you have and it's driver version? As it might be rather useful.
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 19, 2013 @ 9:52am
Posts: 25