Eufloria > General Discussions > Topic Details
zargan Oct 31, 2012 @ 10:31am
current version is not playable
hi, before game was playable on my laptop but now even menu pops up very slowly.
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
dreamerboy6 Nov 8, 2012 @ 12:15pm 
Same problem here. Absolutely unplayable.
Mandolin Bee Nov 8, 2012 @ 3:15pm 
I had played the demo of this game and it worked well. Just bought it with the Humble Bundle, however, and the tooltips are all blank, the tutorial isn't telling me what I should be doing, etc. Whatever else is wrong with the playability experienced by the other two in this thread, I just wanted to add my problems to the list.
jd Nov 8, 2012 @ 3:37pm 
I just played the humble bundle and now I'm unable to play this game. This sucks!
It's good to hear that it was playable before.
nubs Nov 9, 2012 @ 2:26am 
Same for me. Too slow on my desktop. Quite slow on my phone(galaxy note).
Fausterion Nov 10, 2012 @ 12:54pm 
The game seems to run fine for me. I bought it from the Humble Indie Bundle as well. Just started playing yesterday.
Zitrax Nov 11, 2012 @ 7:49am 
Worked fine on computer for me, on phone it was horribly slow though.
Zengrost Nov 14, 2012 @ 4:02pm 
I cant get the game to open. it imediately crashes.
Buburubu Dec 6, 2012 @ 1:10am 
Mine won't open either. Says "Eufloria has encountered a problem and needs to close" before ever even opening in the first place. I feel like I should get my money back; I'm taking on faith that this is even a game and not just an error message for sale that some clever villain's making a killing off of.
Bernie Joe Dec 17, 2012 @ 3:41pm 
Same here. I played this game before, installed it again and couldn't play it. What a disappointment.
Sillytuna  [developer] Dec 20, 2012 @ 7:55am 
Hey all, I can't answer questions about the Steam build which is what I presume you're using, but the build hasn't changed so if the problem is a new one, you'll need to post some tech details.

The Humble Bundle included a pre-release of Eufloria HD. The Steam version of this will not be available until summer 2013 as we have more content to add. If you're having problems with the Steam build and own the humble bundle, then try the HD version (and vice versa). Steam owners will get Eufloria HD when it's released.

The HD version is strictly beta however - we know a couple of PCs have a problem with SDL - the open source library we use for rendering. We have yet to track down the issue.

Android - the latest version on the Play Store and the Bundle improves the speed but you'll need a decent device still (run the Humble Bundle app for updates). Also, try lowering the level of detail in rendering options.
zargan Dec 22, 2012 @ 6:50am 
Originally posted by nubs:
Same for me. Too slow on my desktop. Quite slow on my phone(galaxy note).
same problem, very slow, even menu does not show up.
Dragomok Jan 11, 2013 @ 11:33am 
Originally posted by Sillytuna:
Hey all, I can't answer questions about the Steam build which is what I presume you're using, but the build hasn't changed so if the problem is a new one, you'll need to post some tech details.

The Humble Bundle included a pre-release of Eufloria HD. The Steam version of this will not be available until summer 2013 as we have more content to add. If you're having problems with the Steam build and own the humble bundle, then try the HD version (and vice versa). Steam owners will get Eufloria HD when it's released.

The HD version is strictly beta however - we know a couple of PCs have a problem with SDL - the open source library we use for rendering. We have yet to track down the issue.

Android - the latest version on the Play Store and the Bundle improves the speed but you'll need a decent device still (run the Humble Bundle app for updates). Also, try lowering the level of detail in rendering options.
Originally posted by Mandolin Bee:
I had played the demo of this game and it worked well. [...] and the tooltips are all blank, the tutorial isn't telling me what I should be doing, etc. Whatever else is wrong with the playability experienced by the other two in this thread, I just wanted to add my problems to the list.
I played the demo few months ago and it worked fine.

When I installed the full version, it turned out that tooltips on asteroids do not show, as well as names of levels in the campaign/"Play the main game menu" menu. Also, names for blocks of levels (ie. "The Takeoff" for the first five) are visible only for a blink of an eye immediately after entering campaing menu before they disappear.
What is peculiar, that after I tried to play demo after that, tooltips were gone there too, but names of levels and blocks and completion times were displaying normally.

Uninstalling demo and reinstalling full version didn't fix the issue.

EDIT: Asteroid stats are gone; hovering over asteroids displays only empty black box, while clicking on them doesn't make stats display on the menu at the bottom of the screen.
EDIT2: Stats are back since second level, but I still don't see names and amounts of seedling in tooltips.
Last edited by Dragomok; Jan 11, 2013 @ 11:45am
erissian Jul 27, 2013 @ 1:31am 
I played this for about 30 hours, and then it does nothing. No error, no new window. Nothing. I tried reinstalling it, and I tried deleting the profile. Oh well.
Buman[NOM] Jul 28, 2013 @ 10:37pm 
seems fine
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50