I've managed to get SMB and my Xbox 360 controller working together. I don't know if it will work for everyone, but you might want to give it a go....
- OS 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Tattiebogle XBox 360 Controller Driver Version 0.12
- Joystick Mapper software (version 1.1.1)
- Official Microsoft XBox 360 USB wired controller
Setting up the 360 controller
Joystick Mapper instructions
SMB game menu
Start SMB in Steam. Make sure you have the controller plugged in and the Joystick Mapper SMB preset ticked. You should now be able to do the following...
- Left analogue joystick to move up/down/left/right in menus
- A button = Accept
- B button = Back
SMB game controls
Once the game play starts try...
- DPad = left and right
- A button = Jump
- B button = Escape to menu
- Left trigger = Run/Special
Feel free to edit and improve
This is my first time trying to do something like this. I hope the community can improve on it.
An alternative 'fix' using GamePad Companion can be seen at http://scriptogr.am/bloodybadger