Snakester15 Dec 5, 2012 @ 1:55pm
Can't start Gary's Mod on Mac after recent update
After the most recent update, when i try to launch the game, the screen goes black and i get this error message "Can't find background image materials/Console/startup_loading.vtf"
I have asked all my friends for the file, but they don't have the file ether, yet they can run the game on windows with no errors. i have already tried to verify the game files and even redownloaded the whole thing, but i still get the error. luckily i can still run the game because i have Boot Camp and windows7, but it just seems to run so much smoother on Mac....
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Tr0nzan0 Dec 12, 2012 @ 7:19pm 
I have the same problem if you do find the answer then please tell me because it seems like no one knows how to fix it.
zm8x87 Dec 13, 2012 @ 10:04pm 
THat's funny, I have not gotten that file but my gmod 13 works. Here, I'll upload my materials/console/----- files on a website that i will give you shortly.
Snakester15 Dec 15, 2012 @ 4:18pm 
it all works fine now for me after a most recent update, now i don't even have a console folder in the materials folder. if you are still having a problem then maybe try deleting the console folder in the materials folder.
Tr0nzan0 Dec 19, 2012 @ 2:00pm 
Originally posted by Snakester15:
it all works fine now for me after a most recent update, now i don't even have a console folder in the materials folder. if you are still having a problem then maybe try deleting the console folder in the materials folder.
what update? im still having the problem but havent been asked to update or anything?
Snakester15 Dec 20, 2012 @ 5:38pm 
i don't know when it came out because i just played it on windows through boot camp. but when i opened steam just under a week ago back in mac OSX, there was a steam update, and an update to all my source games (including G-Mod) that fixed the problems
Tr0nzan0 Dec 22, 2012 @ 10:06pm 
Originally posted by Snakester15:
i don't know when it came out because i just played it on windows through boot camp. but when i opened steam just under a week ago back in mac OSX, there was a steam update, and an update to all my source games (including G-Mod) that fixed the problems
I havent gotten anything like that i might try reinstalling steam
Mindjet Jul 30, 2013 @ 9:12am 
This is the WORST BUG IN GARRY'S MOD HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
˜ (banned) Jul 30, 2013 @ 9:50am 
Originally posted by Mindjet:
This is the WORST BUG IN GARRY'S MOD HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stop bumping old thread's!
Mindjet Jul 30, 2013 @ 9:53am 
Originally posted by º£Riversøπº:
Originally posted by Mindjet:
This is the WORST BUG IN GARRY'S MOD HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stop bumping old thread's!
It's not working for me as well
˜ (banned) Jul 30, 2013 @ 10:45am 
Originally posted by Mindjet:
Originally posted by º£Riversøπº:
Stop bumping old thread's!
It's not working for me as well
Make a new thread then. This is in Dec 2012.
Scythezo Jul 30, 2013 @ 10:54am 
Thats a damn shame for mac
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 5, 2012 @ 1:55pm
Posts: 11