soFREAKINrandom Apr 6, 2013 @ 9:28am
What ever happened to the toybox?
I used to have Garrys's Mod and in that version I had the toybox, just by pressing q and going to it. Now they have these stupid things that don't even compare to the toybox. I don't know if they got rid of it or if it's in another version of Garry's Mod. Either way I would really like it back.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
aiden maaaaaan! Apr 6, 2013 @ 11:18am 
they dont have some "stuped things that dont compare to the toybox"

they made the steam workshop for addons and it is way better than the toybox ;p
steam workshop is soo much easyer to use...
just sub to a addon and you will have it in you're spawn menu.

unless someone makes a mod for it there is no toybox.
Last edited by aiden maaaaaan!; Apr 6, 2013 @ 11:21am
soFREAKINrandom Apr 6, 2013 @ 4:11pm 
I know how it works, but the things in the workshop don't compare to the fun to the things that were in the toybox.
Kaiowas Apr 6, 2013 @ 4:19pm 
I think they should have Toybox and steam workshop for seperate games or have them both. Steam workshop is ♥♥♥♥♥'s still though because you can't download things from Garrysmod.org and have them work. I loved Toybox, I didn't have to download iron man swep. Even if the Toybox had stupid stuff (mostly).
The Toybox dissapeared a year or more ago because steam workshop was comming around and garry decided he liked that better.
Bahdaz Apr 6, 2013 @ 8:18pm 
Originally posted by soFREAKINrandom:
I know how it works, but the things in the workshop don't compare to the fun to the things that were in the toybox.

That's because Garry's Mod was updated, rendering a lot of the Toybox content incompatible with the new version. Most of the old stuff can still be found updated in the Workshop though.
Cap'n Smokey May 21, 2013 @ 3:58pm 
Uuuuum I disagree I think toybox is more easy just three things go the menu click toybox click your stuff now we got a workshop that removed the Heart of gmod I think Garry was drunk as hell and removed the toybox.
aiden maaaaaan! May 21, 2013 @ 5:17pm 
whenever i used the toybox before it wold just spawn the prop and such... but it never added it to my spawnlist... and also it was a sorta webpage thing so i had to be online in order to use it
[NGA]Taberone May 21, 2013 @ 6:13pm 
Originally posted by themanvinny:
Uuuuum I disagree I think toybox is more easy just three things go the menu click toybox click your stuff now we got a workshop that removed the Heart of gmod I think Garry was drunk as hell and removed the toybox.
He wasn't drunk. Heres some counter answers you probably didnt read:


Originally posted by Bahdaz:
Originally posted by soFREAKINrandom:
I know how it works, but the things in the workshop don't compare to the fun to the things that were in the toybox.

That's because Garry's Mod was updated, rendering a lot of the Toybox content incompatible with the new version. Most of the old stuff can still be found updated in the Workshop though.


Originally posted by aiden maaaaaan!:
they dont have some "stuped things that dont compare to the toybox"

they made the steam workshop for addons and it is way better than the toybox ;p
steam workshop is soo much easyer to use...
just sub to a addon and you will have it in you're spawn menu.

unless someone makes a mod for it there is no toybox.
TeTrollOf1899 Sep 17, 2013 @ 2:17pm 
they dont have some "stuped things that dont compare to the toybox"

they made the steam workshop for addons and it is way better than the toybox ;p
steam workshop is soo much easyer to use...
just sub to a addon and you will have it in you're spawn menu.

unless someone makes a mod for it there is no toybox. Toybox is way better than steam workshop, I mean steam workshop is good but not as good as toybox
Hank Hill (Banned) Sep 17, 2013 @ 3:00pm 
Wish someone would bring back the Hank Hill SMG :(
StasisCan (KingOfDerps) Sep 17, 2013 @ 5:55pm 
Originally posted by Demonic Tax Masta:
I think they should have Toybox and steam workshop for seperate games or have them both. Steam workshop is ♥♥♥♥♥'s still though because you can't download things from Garrysmod.org and have them work. I loved Toybox, I didn't have to download iron man swep. Even if the Toybox had stupid stuff (mostly).
The Toybox dissapeared a year or more ago because steam workshop was comming around and garry decided he liked that better.

acutally you can still get things from garrysmod.org you just need to change the .info into .addon
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 6, 2013 @ 9:28am
Posts: 10