Posted: February 27
Have you seen any of the other surrounding reviews? Most of them all pretty much have one thing in common. They say buy this Game and guess what? I agree with those said reviews. YOU SHOULD AND MOST DEFINITELY BUY THIS GAME! Still not convinced? Well you can see more info and reasons to get this game coming from someone who has done a complete playthrough of it on Youtube (Which you can watch here because Shameless Self-Promotion: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP8qVdrB0HJEJsxvRvlzVqzYXQ4Y1qLH-)
Reasons to Get This Game:
1. It is simple and Easy to Pick Up and Play
2. The Writing and dialog in this game is top-notch
3. The Portal Gun is a very fun tool to play around with.
4. The Game is a puzzle game that does make you think but isn't overwhelmingly hard. The Difficulty curve apart from the extra challenge levels is nice and solid enough for a newcomer to become a Portaling Pro at the end of the game.
5. The Music in this game fits the mood and tone of the game so well, Especially the later parts.
6. It's a Valve game meaning it will be good and I have listed more reasons here than the number of Sequels Valve can Count up to.
7. There are Extra Challenge Levels for the Hardcore Players looking for a challenge.
8. GLaDOs is a very memorable character! I MEAN VERY MEMORABLE!
9. The game does not overwhelmingly punish you for making mistakes which can help a new player ease into making progress.
10. It is a good enough game for me to make a playthrough of it on Youtube. I don't usually do Playthroughs of games that I don't recommend.
11. See Reasons 1-10.
12. It is a Valve Game! A VALVE GAME!
13. I'm running out of reasons because Reasons.
14. You Should have Brought this game already if you're still reading this.
15. Portal is fun. I Recommend it! End of Story!
If there is anything negative I have to say about this game, I only can just say that the Overall Game Experience lasts way too short in my opinion. Thankfully, There's extra Challenges and levels you can do and there is the Sequel which easily solves this problem but I HIGHLY RECOMMEND PLAYING THIS GAME BEFORE PLAYING THE SEQUEL (I can't emphasize it enough).
Anyway, If you're still reading this, you should definitely be convinced to get this game after reading this sentence. If not, just watch my Youtube Playthrough using the link above and watch me have fun with the game because maybe you just visually need to see someone have fun with the game before playing it yourself.
So thanks for reading this review of Portal. Enjoy the game and Game On!