Portal > General Discussions > Topic Details
[Rip]Midnaspet Jan 4 @ 2:13am
Why do my portals look like garbage?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=212310618

They didnt always look like this. please help.
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Jordon Freemon Jan 4 @ 9:49am 
I'm seeing the same thing. It looks so cheesy and fake :P
Jordon Freemon Jan 4 @ 9:58am 
Just saw it on another thread/discussion. Right click on Portal and click properties and then go and click "Set Launch Options". And then type "-dxlevel 90" It worked for me :D It was apparently some update with Valve that caused this.
G-man Jan 10 @ 12:22pm 
Thanks!
TetchyEquation Jan 18 @ 6:56am 
@Jordon Freemon
I tried looking for Set Launch Options......I could not find them...
[Rip]Midnaspet Jan 18 @ 10:00am 
Originally posted by DrEnderman:
@Jordon Freemon
I tried looking for Set Launch Options......I could not find them...
right click on the game in your library. then when the dropdown comes up hit "properties". Kinda repeating but thats the only way to get it.
zachy2004 Feb 4 @ 6:49pm 
Hey, Jordon Freemon, I followed your instructions, I did it all, and it still did not work. The portals still look like s***. Please respond when you see this.
EnacheDangeorous Feb 7 @ 8:41am 
Thanks i`m having the same problem
"Garbage" what,! this is high tech technology you should be GLaD it evens works!, sure it may look disturbing to some but at least it works!
[Rip]Midnaspet Apr 6 @ 10:42am 
Originally posted by Turret #16839:
"Garbage" what,! this is high tech technology you should be GLaD it evens works!, sure it may look disturbing to some but at least it works!
good one
Thank you...
I NEED PORTAL 2 THEN MY PORTALS WON'T LOOK LIKE A CHILD MADE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Will the kiler:
I NEED PORTAL 2 THEN MY PORTALS WON'T LOOK LIKE A CHILD MADE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too...
KrasheRR Apr 10 @ 1:37pm 
I have same problem please help :c
[Rip]Midnaspet Apr 11 @ 11:32am 
Originally posted by Jordon Freemon:
Just saw it on another thread/discussion. Right click on Portal and click properties and then go and click "Set Launch Options". And then type "-dxlevel 90" It worked for me :D It was apparently some update with Valve that caused this.
DO THIS GOD DAMNIT
λlex Apr 18 @ 7:48am 
Choose DirectX 9 in the Video Options menu inside the game options, or just write -dxlevel 90 as the guys mentioned it above. If I'm not mistaking you need to have a DirectX 9 compatible video card as well.
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 4 @ 2:13am
Posts: 17