Crippled Mafia 29 ธ.ค., 2013 @ 1:55am
Freqeunt Freezing?
My game will freez For about 30 sec to a min very freqeuntly then start playing again. Anybody else having this problem? My OS is windows 8 if it helps.
ได้รับการแก้ไขครั้งสุดท้ายโดย Crippled Mafia; 2 ม.ค. @ 3:01pm
กำลังแสดง 1-15 จาก 18 ความเห็น
< >
Squatta 29 ธ.ค., 2013 @ 2:07am 
Are you talking about the first Portal? Because mine does that as well. I can't play very long without it freezing/crashing and its very annoying and is the reason I hadn't played it much. I've looked to see if lowering the quality would help but I can't really find that option.
Wings0fSt0rm 29 ธ.ค., 2013 @ 4:55am 
Trying restarting Steam and Portal.
Pinhead 29 ธ.ค., 2013 @ 6:36am 
The ♥♥♥♥ing updates of VALVe because I think they don't care any more the PC. So, they made work properly all their source games in MAC LINUX by breaking the PC versions. This happend in all thier games exepct with the Portal 2 Engine. And happens too, so liitle, in the Goldsource engine games.
Crippled Mafia 29 ธ.ค., 2013 @ 10:11am 

Originally posted by Squatta:
Are you talking about the first Portal? Because mine does that as well. I can't play very long without it freezing/crashing and its very annoying and is the reason I hadn't played it much. I've looked to see if lowering the quality would help but I can't really find that option.

I am talking about the first portal.

Mathieke 30 ธ.ค., 2013 @ 7:08am 
Does it say "Loading..." somewhere or just freezes?
Crippled Mafia 30 ธ.ค., 2013 @ 1:02pm 
Originally posted by Mathieke:
Does it say "Loading..." somewhere or just freezes?

It just freezes then goies back to normal.
Nickle 30 ธ.ค., 2013 @ 1:15pm 
I only get the loading.. thing. I don't know about freezing. Do you have enough space on your computer to play? :(
Crippled Mafia 30 ธ.ค., 2013 @ 1:35pm 
Originally posted by xSquirtleTurtle:
I only get the loading.. thing. I don't know about freezing. Do you have enough space on your computer to play? :(

Yeah I got the loading ones to but I usume that its just because its loading. And I have around 450 gb left which should be enough.
Gurke 30 ธ.ค., 2013 @ 2:38pm 
same
Pinhead 30 ธ.ค., 2013 @ 2:54pm 
I think that is a problem with the auto saves, or quick saves, or a problem with some sound formats. Sometimes looks like the freez happens only when some sounds are loaded. :(

In any case is annoying.
Hjalte 1 ม.ค. @ 12:28pm 
I think its just autosaves.
Atlas 2 ม.ค. @ 5:28am 
I have Win 8 too, but it plays with zero lag whatsoever. You're computer must just be not powerful enough.
Pinhead 2 ม.ค. @ 2:58pm 
Originally posted by Atlas:
I have Win 8 too, but it plays with zero lag whatsoever. You're computer must just be not powerful enough.

That's is stupid I have played this without problems a lot of times I have portal 2 with full configuration and works perfect. And you should see that the fact and evidence, consist in there is people reporting this not only here, but other places too.
Pinhead 2 ม.ค. @ 2:59pm 
Originally posted by Hjalte:
I think its just autosaves.

Probably yes, but in Half-life 2 there is chapters where this never hapends.
Crippled Mafia 2 ม.ค. @ 3:02pm 
Originally posted by Mathieke:
Does it say "Loading..." somewhere or just freezes?

Just freezes.
กำลังแสดง 1-15 จาก 18 ความเห็น
< >
ต่อหน้า: 15 30 50
วันที่โพสต์: 29 ธ.ค., 2013 @ 1:55am
โพสต์: 18