I'm starting up on a map-pack for Portal (in the form of a Portal sourcemod). Before committing myself however, I thought it would be good to get feedback from others.
Basically I want to know what you guys expect from a good Portal sourcemod. Is it enough that it's:
1. A collection of good quality maps? Just normal test chambers, no behind-the-scenes areas.
2. Test chambers + BTS areas?
Also, what do you think about:
- Custom test elements: What are your opinions on custom test elements? Do they make a large difference (as opposed to simply including the standard test elements from the original game)?
- Story: Do you prefer whether or not there be a story, or just a hint of the story (or does it not make much of a difference to you)?
- Escape Sequence: Do you think there should be an "escape sequence" where the player is supposed to escape from the facility (say, from some power-mad AI) and overcome obstacles along the way (or does it not make much of a difference to you)?
Any opinions/feedback would be appreciated!