Arvale
Arvale > General Discussions > Topic Details
GuyInDogSuit Aug 23, 2016 @ 5:12am
Game is lagging badly
Every other RPGMaker game I own is running fine. This one, not so great. I tried windowed mode, and fullscreen, and it lags either way. I don't have any error messages or anything.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
GuyInDogSuit Aug 23, 2016 @ 6:20pm 
Bump
VahidSlayerOfAll Sep 22, 2016 @ 8:12pm 
same lag...no idea why
GuyInDogSuit Sep 22, 2016 @ 8:17pm 
I fixed it, actually. From my post in the stickied bug report thread (which, surprisingly, no one has replied to since):

Originally posted by GuyInDogSuit:
UPDATE:
I FIXED IT! I think.... It's sooooooo much better now, he still walks slow, but it's not laggy otherwise. Duncan walks at the same slow pace as I recall from before this issue happened. Menus and such operate at the normal speed now.

All I did was navigate to the game.exe file, right-click to open the Properties, clicked the "Compatibility" tab, and checked "Reduced color mode," and selected "16-bit."
Originally posted by GuyInDogSuit:
I fixed it, actually. From my post in the stickied bug report thread (which, surprisingly, no one has replied to since):

Originally posted by GuyInDogSuit:
UPDATE:
I FIXED IT! I think.... It's sooooooo much better now, he still walks slow, but it's not laggy otherwise. Duncan walks at the same slow pace as I recall from before this issue happened. Menus and such operate at the normal speed now.

All I did was navigate to the game.exe file, right-click to open the Properties, clicked the "Compatibility" tab, and checked "Reduced color mode," and selected "16-bit."

I'm sorry to say that this didnt' work for me for some reason. =(
Devil Ninja Dec 26, 2016 @ 3:43am 
none of this work for me the game still lagging badly...
Originally posted by Devil Ninja:
none of this work for me the game still lagging badly...

I guess the game is just broken.
GuyInDogSuit Dec 26, 2016 @ 11:30am 
Well, that sucks. They still haven't patched this?
GuyInDogSuit Dec 28, 2016 @ 11:33am 
Try enabling one of the compatibility settings, clicking Apply, then disabling it again. Seems I have to do that every time I play.
What worked for me is simply to tick the option "run as Administrator" in the compatibility options of game.exe. I'm on Windows 10 and I have no more lags with it.
Игра ужасно медленно воспроизводилась. Как будто покадровая анимация со скоростью 3 кадра в секунду. То есть играть в это невозможно физически, нету плавности, анимация дёргается. Почитал комментарии в темах соответствующие данной проблеме. В итоге решил проблему так (спасибо за подсказки):
steam\steamapps\common\Arvale\game.exe - Свойства - Совместимость - Запустить программу в режиме совместимости Windows XP (пакет обновления 3) - Параметры - Режим пониженной цветности - 16-разрядный цвет (65 536) - Выполнить эту программу от имени администратора.
После этого анимация в игре стала плавной и количество кадров в секудно нормальным. Но совсем небольшая задержка курсора мышки в меню всё-таки наблюдается, но это уже не критично, как было изначально.
Originally posted by Userilla:
Игра ужасно медленно воспроизводилась. Как будто покадровая анимация со скоростью 3 кадра в секунду. То есть играть в это невозможно физически, нету плавности, анимация дёргается. Почитал комментарии в темах соответствующие данной проблеме. В итоге решил проблему так (спасибо за подсказки):
steam\steamapps\common\Arvale\game.exe - Свойства - Совместимость - Запустить программу в режиме совместимости Windows XP (пакет обновления 3) - Параметры - Режим пониженной цветности - 16-разрядный цвет (65 536) - Выполнить эту программу от имени администратора.
После этого анимация в игре стала плавной и количество кадров в секудно нормальным. Но совсем небольшая задержка курсора мышки в меню всё-таки наблюдается, но это уже не критично, как было изначально.

"The game was played terribly slowly. As if frame-by-frame animation at a rate of 3 frames per second. That is, it is impossible to play physically, there is no smoothness, the animation twitches. Read the comments in the topics relevant to this issue. In the end, I solved the problem so (thanks for the tips):
Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Arvale \ game.exe - Properties - Compatibility - Run the program in Windows XP compatibility mode (Service Pack 3) - Settings - Reduced color mode - 16-bit color (65,536) - Run this program as administrator .
After that, the animation in the game became smooth and the number of frames in the frame is normal. But a very slight delay in the mouse cursor in the menu is still observed, but this is no longer critical, as it was originally"
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Arvale > General Discussions > Topic Details