Faerie Solitaire is now available on Linux and has also been updated for all platforms. Right click on FS in your Steam library, click Properties, go to the Betas tab and select "linux_and_patch" branch. Steam will automatically (or automagically?) download new files.
IMPORTANT: BACKUP YOUR SAVE FILES ON WINDOWS OR MAC BEFORE TRYING THE NEW PATCH.
Windows save file location is %appdata%/Faerie Solitaire
(for example on Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Faerie Solitaire
Mac save file location is ~/Library/Preferences/Faerie Solitaire
.Post bugs/questions in this thread.
I had problems with running it on Ubuntu 12.10 64-bit (probably a problem with python2.7:i386
), but it should work for almost all users.
If you can't launch it on Linux, try to remove file libstdc++.so.6
in Steam/steamapps/common/Faerie Solitaire/FaerieSolitaire data/
and install freeglut3
. Removing file libdrm.so.2
from the FaerieSolitaire data
directory might help too (thanks, Neutron).Known bugs:
- Windows, Linux: Steamworks features don't work - this is only momentary (Steam achievements should unlock when we add support)
- All platforms: Some errors in "FaerieSolitaire data/anaconda.log" - if the game doesn't open at all or behaves badly please send me the log file
- Linux: Fix issues with python2.7:i386 (try to make a 64-bit build)
- Linux: Issues with drivers (driver not found or low FPS)
- Linux: Fix newline char (image)
- Linux: Alt-Tab doesn't work
- Linux: Use $XDG_DATA_HOME (or ~/.local/share/ if not available) as a save location, not ~
- All platforms: Start the game windowed if no profiles found to prevent mouse issues on Linux
- (minor) All platforms: Wrong background color of the active user in the profile selection
- (minor) Windows: Icon is ugly
- (minor) Windows (maybe all platforms): The game goes fullscreen on the hardware screen 1 and not the software (system defined) screen 1
- Linux support
- Game can now load both legacy and new version saves (Steam version is now fully compatible with the DRM-free version)
- Fullscreen changed to borderless fullscreen windowed
- Game is now keeping the aspect ratio
- Window resize added
- Antialiasing added
- Achievements are always synchronized with Steam
- New sexy splash image!
- Look into the egg drop rate for the last 2 eggs
Please note: This update is NOT "Faerie Solitaire Remastered" - it is some needed polish on the classic version.