Verdis Aug 12, 2013 @ 5:27pm
A Warning to People Who Don't Want to Get Ripped Off!
Earthworm Jim 1 + 2 are played through DosBox. The screen is about a quarter the size of you monitor and if you fullscreen it the colour palette f***'s up (this could just be me). The DosBox version has LESS levels than the Sega Megadrive/Genesis version. The entire soundtrack is MISSING from Earthworm Jim 3D, and certain sound effects are also missing from the first two games. The full working versions of these games can be found on Ebay for pennies, yet Valve wants to charge use £15 for broken cr*p. I just paid £5 and feel that i overpaid £4.99.

DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS ME! JUST EMULATE OR BUY FROM ELSEWHERE!
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
< >
Goldanas Aug 12, 2013 @ 5:52pm 
Thanks, man. I was considering picking this up just now. Glad I decided to check the forums.
kor Aug 13, 2013 @ 7:36am 
Thanks for the heads up.
Lu2 Aug 15, 2013 @ 8:10am 
its just same pc version from past but wraped with dosbox (its same game)actualy genesis version is uses midi and has less and slightly diferent animation frames i think
Tek_Lynx Aug 15, 2013 @ 10:15am 
I own the PC 9x version CD of Earthjim 1, it uses redbook audio, and i'm gonna assume 2 does also... So did they include it as an iso, or is this a direct rip of the 9x release minus the soundtrack "no cd = no music", which would ruin the game.

There are many older games steam has put up that do not include the orginal CD-Tracks and it should not be allowed.
Lu2 Aug 15, 2013 @ 11:59am 
i found ewj2.bin that has 676mb ...so
Lu2 Aug 15, 2013 @ 12:03pm 
Originally posted by Tek_Lynx:
There are many older games steam has put up that do not include the orginal CD-Tracks and it should not be allowed.
like quake 2 but berserker mod fix that and uprgade graphics to nearly moderm(rtl,hd texures,rs--) .quake 1 has some source port(dark places) with music too
Last edited by Lu2; Aug 15, 2013 @ 12:05pm
Tek_Lynx Aug 15, 2013 @ 1:33pm 

A few of the lucasartsgames like:
Jedi Knight 1 and its expansion pack Mysteries of the Sith come to mind, both lack their sound tracks.

If EWJ2 is running under dosbox, why? EWJ1 is native 9x dx2 or 3.
Lu2 Aug 15, 2013 @ 2:35pm 
Originally posted by Tek_Lynx:
A few of the lucasartsgames like:
Jedi Knight 1 and its expansion pack Mysteries of the Sith come to mind, both lack their sound tracks.

If EWJ2 is running under dosbox, why? EWJ1 is native 9x dx2 or 3.
well i tried to get running from folder.win95(?) exe file .no chace to get running i have win 7 64
Tek_Lynx Aug 15, 2013 @ 4:49pm 
Yea Prob dosn't work in x64,
I know it does work in XPsp3, so it likely would work in the 32bit versions of vista\7\8.
Lots of early dx games won't even try to start in x64.
Lu2 Aug 16, 2013 @ 1:55am 
you can set up better graphics in emulator. so dosbox option better i supose
Last edited by Lu2; Aug 16, 2013 @ 1:56am
RT Aug 17, 2013 @ 7:19pm 
The color pallette is f***ing up only for you. Try to change graphic options in Dosbox.
There are no fuller versions for PC. EWJ Special Edition doesn't work under Win7 and there is no other PC version of EWJ2. Valve DOESN'T charge for anything, the game's ACTUAL PUBLISHER - INTERPLAY- DOES. Just because it's on Steam doesn't mean Valve's got anything to do with this.
Originally posted by Tek_Lynx:
A few of the lucasartsgames like:
Jedi Knight 1 and its expansion pack Mysteries of the Sith come to mind, both lack their sound tracks.

If EWJ2 is running under dosbox, why? EWJ1 is native 9x dx2 or 3.
Nope, it isn't. EWJ Special Edition is, but it's unplayable under Win7. Besides, it was published by Activision. EWJ1 here is a Whole Can O' Worms edition release by Interplay.
Verdis Aug 17, 2013 @ 11:58pm 
Thing is though, it says absolutely nowhere on the store page what the edition is and that the soundtracks don't work correctly. In system requiements it says "Windows". People are going to automatically assume that it is a regular old Windows game, not an emulated Dosbox game. If the information stated that it was just Dosbox then i could accept that i overlooked the information and it's my own fault, but at £15 it's a complete scam.
Verdis Aug 18, 2013 @ 12:01am 
I also don't understand why the games are 1.5Gb each!?
Lu2 Aug 18, 2013 @ 3:39am 
Originally posted by Verdis:
I also don't understand why the games are 1.5Gb each!?
it has original cd quality soundtrack
RT Aug 18, 2013 @ 5:36am 
Originally posted by Verdis:
Thing is though, it says absolutely nowhere on the store page what the edition is and that the soundtracks don't work correctly. In system requiements it says "Windows". People are going to automatically assume that it is a regular old Windows game, not an emulated Dosbox game. If the information stated that it was just Dosbox then i could accept that i overlooked the information and it's my own fault, but at £15 it's a complete scam.
It also doesn't say anywhere that it's a Special Edition, which was the Windows version. I think that's pretty much a dead giveaway.
Originally posted by Verdis:
I also don't understand why the games are 1.5Gb each!?
They are not 1.5 Gb each, it's 1.5 Gb for all three. Whenever you want to install one, it downloads all three.
Last edited by RT; Aug 18, 2013 @ 5:36am
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50