Kingpin > General Discussions > Topic Details
claymann Jul 29 @ 12:40pm
Wondering whether to risk getting this
I see people moaning about bugs and resolution issues. I could probably google up some solutions but man, it should just all work. I'm wondering if there is a ready patched version like say on GOG.

Also I'm not really wanting to play the game so much as get a nostalgia hit as I used to play this A LOT and one of the rare games I played multiplayer.

Is there a modding scene for this game? I'm not sure I could get on with the graphics, hmmm decisions, decisions.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Arcade Goon Jul 29 @ 3:18pm 
Originally posted by claymann:
it should just all work.

Don't get the 15 year old game unless you have a 15 year old computer.
Last edited by Arcade Goon; Jul 29 @ 3:19pm
...RuBiKsCuBe Aug 1 @ 10:33pm 
it wokrs perfectly im playing at 2560x1600 windows 8.1 PRo
MarkfromTheRoom Aug 2 @ 10:27am 
Using the resolution fix guide download, the game works fine at 2560x1440 on W8.1. So far it's perfectly stable as well. Just wish I could increase the FOV without the view models going invisible.
̲̅FREDΖ̲̅™NL Aug 3 @ 1:24pm 
Wonder why you don't use google and spent more on typing text :P But here is youre answer: http://www.kingpinforever.com
claymann Aug 3 @ 2:15pm 
Originally posted by ̲̅FREDΖ̲̅™NL:
Wonder why you don't use google and spent more on typing text :P But here is youre answer: http://www.kingpinforever.com

I wonder why you didn't read my original comment where i answered the question you just asked. I'll be sure to never use any service ever again though, other than google, god forbid we should actually talk to each other about games here on a game forum that was setup just for that purpose.
MaroK Aug 4 @ 12:58am 
I loved this game back in the days and maaaaan the soundtrack - Cypress Hill instrumentals ? That was awesome ! But I am not sure if I want to play this game again, it is just outdated. Some things should be left behind with only memories. Kingpin is a perfect example. And also, 9,99 $ for a 15 year old game is waaaay too much. Even now on sale, old games like this should be free or for some symbolic amount of money like 0,99$. There are newer games and much cheaper.
...RuBiKsCuBe Aug 4 @ 1:10am 
Originally posted by MaroK:
I loved this game back in the days and maaaaan the soundtrack - Cypress Hill instrumentals ? That was awesome ! But I am not sure if I want to play this game again, it is just outdated. Some things should be left behind with only memories. Kingpin is a perfect example. And also, 9,99 $ for a 15 year old game is waaaay too much. Even now on sale, old games like this should be free or for some symbolic amount of money like 0,99$. There are newer games and much cheaper.


I can tell you this game is as fun as ever, Quake 2 engine its rock solid as allways!
This game is a classic and worth to own even today.
Last edited by ...RuBiKsCuBe; Aug 4 @ 1:25am
MarkfromTheRoom Aug 4 @ 10:50pm 
I'd played the game in the past but never actually finished it until just a few days ago. I thought it was really enjoyable even now. It feels kind of like Riddick: EFBB only on the Quake 2 engine. The only real turn off is how inaccurate guns are along with the sometimes poor hit detection.
felikkz7 Aug 5 @ 2:23pm 
A modding scene for Kingpin? Let's say there's still some few fans who play and add some material to this game. I'm one of them with my SP addon "Night Work at the Factory" http://felikkz7.free.fr/index.html
̲̅FREDΖ̲̅™NL Aug 6 @ 7:08am 
Originally posted by claymann:
I wonder why you didn't read my original comment where i answered the question you just asked. I'll be sure to never use any service ever again though, other than google, god forbid we should actually talk to each other about games here on a game forum that was setup just for that purpose.
Because i like to answer in Kingpin style, but duo the rules of this forum i will reply with:
Good to know you found your answer :)
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50