I bought this game after I played Fallout: New Vegas a while back, I never got around to playing it much, but from what I've played it's a very enjoyable game, the only flaw I'd say is that it's a tad dated for todays general audience, but if you're a Fallout fan, you need to try the game that started it all!
And also, if you're like me and got a couple colour related bugs when trying to play the game, the way in which to fix it is as follows:
1. Get FAllout FIXT from here: http://www.nma-fallout.com/showthread.php?194562
2. Copy that file over into your Fallout folder in Steam, so for example: Program Files (x86)/SteamApps/Common/Fallout
3. Run the patch (the file) and follow the instructions from it
4. You should have a file called ddraw.dll in your Fallout folder, rename this to f1ddraw.dll
5. You're now ready to start Fallout with Steam :3