Publisert: 18. desember
: It pains me to do this, but I have to give this game thumbs down. Aztaka is an action platformer with a lot of RPG elements that takes place in the Aztec civilization. You play as an Aztec who's trying to recover artifacts for his leader, while being helped by the magic of someone who's been transformed into a humming bird. While it has a lot of potential, the execution falls short and the gameplay ends up being almost no fun at all. Unless you really wanna play a game revolved by Aztec culture and can get over the awful controllers, don't bother playing this one. I wish Citeremis could get a nice team of devs to really be able to bring their ideas into a fun game to play.Pros
- Nice atmosphere, and great, fresh Aztec theme
- The BGM is good, too
- A lot of character customization, since this platformer has strong RPG elements, like levelling up (you and your bird friend), allocating skill points, equipping items that improve your stats etc.
- You'll also get money, buy/sell stuff from/to peddlers, complete (main and side) quests--in sum, all you need in an RPG
- Beautiful hand-drawn world
Bought on / for
- First and foremost, the gameplay sucks. And that's the downfall of this game. Jumping is annoying, attacking with the spear (the basic attack) is very clumsy, magic takes too long to recharge to be able to compensate for the terrible spear attack, hit area is a bit of a mess and there's no invincibility window after being hit, which might lead to an almost instant death when you face an enemy running around like crazy. Basically, it's not fun to fight and move around, and that's what you do 95% of the time.
- No controller support. It would change the gameplay a bit, but it is doable, contrary to what some argue.
- Equipment/inventory interface is really confusing, making shopping and equipping a task a lot harder than it should be.
- While I think the humans' graphics were passable, monsters (and their animations) are very ugly and do not really match the beautiful background
- No map? Really? That was especially annoying in the first cave, where you fall down to lower levels from time to time.
: I got it really cheap from TG, so no much harm done.