We’ve just released a BETA of Trine Enchanted Edition for Mac and Linux on Steam. The BETA also includes a Windows version to allow multiplayer between different operating systems.
Trine Enchanted Edition is a free upgrade to Trine that adds new content and features, such as online multiplayer, midlevel saving and improvements to visuals and gameplay aspects. Please refer to our blog[www.frozenbyte.com]
for more information and pictures.
Please remember these releases are on BETA stage, so you can still expect to run into a few issues here and there. Taking part in the BETA is free for all who own Trine on Steam.
Trine Enchanted Edition does not replace the original Trine, so Mac and Windows users will be able to choose which version they wish to play from the game's launcher. All BETA users should be able to play together with each other regardless of their operating system. Please note that the BETA is not yet online compatible with the current release version, so online multiplayer with Windows players during the BETA is only possible if they are also taking part in the BETA.
How to take part in the BETA
Launching the BETA requires an access code (“TrineEEBetaNovember2014″). Follow the instructions below to unlock and launch the BETA. Windows users already have access to Trine Enchanted Edition, but they too can unlock the BETA, which enables online multiplayer with Linux and Mac users. Please see the System Requirements for each platform on the Steam Store Page.Click here[www.frozenbyte.com]
for pictured instructions on how to launch the BETA.
- Open Your Steam Library
- Right-click Trine and choose Properties
- Navigate to the BETAS tab
- Enter the following password to the access code field: TrineEEBetaNovember2014
- If the code does not work, try to restart your Steam client.
- Make sure you have the beta chosen from the upper “Select the beta you would like to opt into:” menu and then close the window.
- The game should download the update now. If the download does not start, try verifying your game files: Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Cache…
- Windows and Linux users can now skip to the last step.
- If you are playing on Mac, you will need to open the game from it’s file, so open the Properties Window again and navigate to the Local Files tab and choose Browse Local Files.
- Mac users can now open the game by launching the trine1 application. It’s located at the _enchanted_edition_ folder
- Make sure the Enchanted Edition is chosen from a drop down menu in the game’s launcher when you start Trine.
Feedback, Bug Reports & Questions
We’d love to hear your feedback and appreciate you taking the time and interest in taking part in the BETA! The best way to ensure we receive your feedback is to either email us (support[at]frozenbyte[dot]com) or post in the pinned Steam Community BETA thread
When submitting feedback, please remember to clearly mention what platform you are using (Linux/Mac/Windows) and the BETA version number
(found from the bottom-right corner of the game’s Main Menu). If you are sending a bug report, please try to include a clear description of the issue (you can include pictures as well) and as much details as you can think of. More information about this at the Steam Community thread.
We hope you enjoy the enchantment! :)