zero Jan 18 @ 11:01pm
Will the achievements ever be fixed?
I know it is not a big deal, but this is my favorite game and I would kind of like to get 100% completion on it for the hell of it. But I cannot. Because a huge portion of the achievements for "Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 MULTIPLAYER" are for the single player game. I have a data limit and cannot download the 10gb SP campaign for no damn reason, as I dont even really want to play it.

I know tripwire is a smaller studio and i love this game, but some of the long standing bugs/issues are really starting to bother me after many hours of playtime. At least they finally fixed 'cannot prone here'...but 'leaving combat area' ♥♥♥♥, 'cannot deply here', and a few other things are really ♥♥♥♥ing me off.

Thoughts?
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
Serge Lang Jan 19 @ 12:27am 
There is always someone around to complain about achievements. I don't get it.
zero Jan 19 @ 1:06am 
Originally posted by Carcinogen Man:
There is always someone around to complain about achievements. I don't get it.

As I said, it is not a big deal. However, it is an incredibly simple thing and it is stupid that it is not fixed by this point. Of course i would rather many other long standing issues get fixed first, as I also mentioned. But it is still a silly error that would be simple to address. No need to be a ♥♥♥♥ man.
Janicki Jan 19 @ 1:17am 
Unless you played beta/right after shipping you'll never get 100%. There is achievement for playing the game, before stats were wiped clean.
Gromov Jan 19 @ 2:59am 
Actually achievements could be fixed, if the programmers wanted to.

Pte Maylam Jan 19 @ 3:16am 
Get L50 for every firearm and get L5 and honour L99. Job jobbed, forget the achievments, who cares?
Fiennes Jan 19 @ 4:20am 
Originally posted by PFC Janicki 29th ID:
Unless you played beta/right after shipping you'll never get 100%. There is achievement for playing the game, before stats were wiped clean.

Yup.. It's called "In B4 Reset" :)
zero Jan 19 @ 2:58pm 
Originally posted by PFC Janicki 29th ID:
Unless you played beta/right after shipping you'll never get 100%. There is achievement for playing the game, before stats were wiped clean.

Haha, well damn. That is stupid. Oh well, Im glad its not a big deal to me.


Originally posted by Pte Maylam:
Get L50 for every firearm and get L5 and honour L99. Job jobbed, forget the achievments, who cares?

Im not too far off from that point actually. But that is irrelevant. Why do some people feel compelled to make ♥♥♥ comments like this? I clearly said it was not a big deal. But it is a silly problem; one that could and should be easily fixed. There is nothing wrong with noting that.
Last edited by zero; Jan 19 @ 2:59pm
Pte Maylam Jan 19 @ 4:19pm 
I was just trying to be constructive, because you can't get 100% even if they ditch the single-player achievements thanks to the inb4reset achievement. But that other suggestion was a reasonable yard-stick for game completion, if that's what floats your boat.

By all means, get stroppy at me though.
zero Jan 19 @ 4:52pm 
Originally posted by Pte Maylam:
I was just trying to be constructive, because you can't get 100% even if they ditch the single-player achievements thanks to the inb4reset achievement. But that other suggestion was a reasonable yard-stick for game completion, if that's what floats your boat.

By all means, get stroppy at me though.

To be fair, you worded it quite poorly if that was your intent.
Pte Maylam Jan 20 @ 12:22am 
I was attempting to be cheery - never mind, who cares etc (being up beat about it - it's only some achievements) - but yes, it didn't carry through very well, the internet being text-based and all... :S
Last edited by Pte Maylam; Jan 20 @ 7:07am
[CFH]Metalmechanic Jan 20 @ 4:26am 
If you download the single player portion will you get the achievements for both versions or are the single player ones still listed under the multi-player portion unattainable?
zero Jan 20 @ 3:46pm 
Originally posted by Pte Maylam:
I was attempting to be cheery - never mind, who cares etc (being up beat about it - it's only some achievements) - but yes, it didn't carry through very well, the internet being text-based and all... :S

Well in that case, I apologize :)
Pte Maylam Jan 21 @ 2:25am 
Cheers, and I should have read what I said again, since it really was open to misinterpretation..
zero Jan 21 @ 4:10pm 
Originally posted by Pte Maylam:
Cheers, and I should have read what I said again, since it really was open to misinterpretation..

No worries man :) I was also just rather frustrated in general. I love the game. But there are still quite a few bugs/design flaws hanging around after all this time that are really starting to bother me :/
sn00ze Jan 25 @ 2:48am 
Might be a stupid question, but is there still a SP campaign?
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 18 @ 11:01pm
Posts: 21