[TW]Yoshiro  [developer] May 17 @ 6:43pm
Terminated Message
We recently updated the games with a option requested from us by Server Admins. This option allows the server to detect if an account has Vac bans on record (and how many) and kick the player from the server. Similar options are in several other games on Steam (but are provided by the community). It is turned off by default and admins must choose to enable it (and it has options to ignore a set of bans on record if they choose, such as ignoring one or two bans).

We have had some reports of the system still being enabled when not enabled by the admin and we will be looking into that on Monday. We also may be looking into more options for admins to use in the future (it may be possible for us to add more settings for granular control in the future).

Edit - I am locking other threads and directing the conversation here so I can more easily keep track of it and give the feedback to the rest of the dev team. KEEP THE CONVERSATION CIVIL and try not to antagonize any side taking part or I will remove you from the discussions for awhile.

Last edited by [TW]Yoshiro; May 30 @ 10:40am
Showing 1-15 of 2,166 comments
< >
SupaSwope May 17 @ 6:45pm 
Please change this system. Its clearly not working in the current form as it stands.
BujinStudent May 17 @ 6:48pm 
Seems to be working great IMO :-p
SupaSwope May 17 @ 6:49pm 
Nope. Have you been reading the disccuion board? Clearly not...
BujinStudent May 17 @ 6:50pm 
So it's not doing what it intended?
High Five May 17 @ 6:54pm 
This patch is way out of hand, i have never once seen a company make such a dodgy decision regarding anti-cheat systems/hackers in general. You have effectively banned every player that has a VAC ban on ANY game, I would understand if you put a VAC ban kick amount, as in if you have 3 or more VAC bans then you cannot join but this is not the case.

The "Once a cheater, always a cheater." phrase is complete bull, you have people that have over 200 hours on RO2 not being able to play since of a ban that happened over 5 years ago.
[TW]Yoshiro  [developer] May 17 @ 6:55pm 
High Five, that is one of the options with this system. And we are looking to see if we can add more options in the future, such as "days since last ban" to allow the system to be much more forgiving.
Last edited by [TW]Yoshiro; May 17 @ 6:56pm
Fuhrerjehova May 17 @ 6:57pm 
I would like to know TWs stance on refounds because of this.
General Sherman May 17 @ 7:00pm 
I would just like to take a moment to thank TWI for this change. I am reading all of these posts with a giant ♥♥♥♥-eating grin after working for 8 hours on a saturday, and its just made my day. If it was a "mistake" to enable this option by deafult, then it was a glorious mistake (though setting it to "off" by default is probably better in the long run).

To all you people with VAC bans on record; you will only recieve sympathy from your fellow hackers/cheaters. The rest of the gaming community hate your guts, regardless of whatever lame excuse you muster up in your defesne; it was a long time ago, it was my little brother, my account got phished/hacked, my dog ate my home work, bla bla bla. To me it all sounds the same.
SupaSwope May 17 @ 7:00pm 
Originally posted by High Five:
The "Once a cheater, always a cheater." phrase is complete bull, you have people that have over 200 hours on RO2 not being able to play since of a ban that happened over 5 years ago.

This ♥♥♥♥ right here is the stuff I dont get.. really. This is exactly where I sit. Where people like us even considered before this patch happeneing?
SupaSwope May 17 @ 7:01pm 
Originally posted by Fuhrerjehova:
I would like to know TWs stance on refounds because of this.
Sheytanaslan May 17 @ 7:04pm 
Dis...

Originally posted by IG General Sherman:
I would just like to take a moment to thank TWI for this change. I am reading all of these posts with a giant ♥♥♥♥-eating grin after working for 8 hours on a saturday, and its just made my day. If it was a "mistake" to enable this option by deafult, then it was a glorious mistake (though setting it to "off" by default is probably better in the long run).

To all you people with VAC bans on record; you will only recieve sympathy from your fellow hackers/cheaters. The rest of the gaming community hate your guts, regardless of whatever lame excuse you muster up in your defesne; it was a long time ago, it was my little brother, my account got phished/hacked, my dog ate my home work, bla bla bla. To me it all sounds the same.
RageBucket May 17 @ 7:12pm 
100% Support the current system. If you DO add a feature that allows limits by days, make that in itself optional. If I were to host a cheat free server, NO cheaters would ever be allowed to join.

I like the option as it. That's my opinion.
SupaSwope May 17 @ 7:13pm 
Originally posted by TWYoshiro:
I also agree that mistakes of the far past should not keep haunting you. We are looking to see if we can read in the days since ban and add it in as an option for the system.

So EVEN they agree.... Case closed.
Last edited by SupaSwope; May 17 @ 7:14pm
[TW]Yoshiro  [developer] May 17 @ 7:15pm 
Originally posted by BLUETAC E-3 RageBucket:
100% Support the current system. If you DO add a feature that allows limits by days, make that in itself optional. If I were to host a cheat free server, NO cheaters would ever be allowed to join.

I like the option as it. That's my opinion.

The entire system is option, and all of its settings (it has one now) are optional.

I'll also throw open if we removed the system completly (which we are not considering right now) I am willing to bet a community modders will implement a mod that does the exact same thing.
Last edited by [TW]Yoshiro; May 17 @ 7:15pm
[TW]Yoshiro  [developer] May 17 @ 7:16pm 
Originally posted by DG | SupaSwope:
Originally posted by TWYoshiro:
I also agree that mistakes of the far past should not keep haunting you. We are looking to see if we can read in the days since ban and add it in as an option for the system.

So EVEN they agree.... Case closed.

My personal thoughts and opinons do not necissarily reflect those of the entire company. But is my job to bring community concerns to them (one of which was the request for a system like this from our server admin community).
Showing 1-15 of 2,166 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50