A required server update for Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 is now available. This patch addresses the following:
- Refined gameplay, balance, and cover on map OtoriShimi
- Fixes for server crash hacks/exploits
- Fixes for hit detection hacks/exploits
- When players are vote kicked from a server they are now session banned and cannot return immediately
- Added a new setting to allow server admins to tune the minimum kick votes required to kick a player from the server. This can be found here in ROGame.ini:
- Added a setting in ROGame.ini to allow server admins to prevent users that have a VAC ban in any game from being able to join their server. This is defaulted to off. The settings can be found here:
To enable this setting set KickForVACBan=false. If KickForVACBanNum=0 then players with any VAC bans at all will be kicked from the server. If KickForVACBanNum is set to 2 or greater than that will be the number of VAC bans the user can have in any game before being kicked. The recommended setting to ensure no VAC banned users can join your server is:
Please keep in mind, you will need to start your server at least once for these setting to appear in the ROGame.ini (or you need to add them manually). The server must be restarted after these ini changes are modified or added to take effect.
There is additional unlisted hack/exploit prevention in this update, but due to the nature of hacking we will not be going into detail on those items. If you encounter any unusual issues with this update please report it either on this mailing list or on the RO2 support forums here:http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78
A server side only update as has also gone out that fixed an issue with the User Banned settings always being on even when not turned on by admins.