horrible design choises that just baffle me to no end
while RO2 is an awesome game and i enjoy it a lot there are quite a few design choises that hamper the gameplay for absolutly no good reson, and just add frustration. i want to see what you think about these, for no better name.... ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ choises...
brefore i post this to TWI's official forums
1) no AOE indicator for artillery on the map.- why??? how is leaving the player in the dark about this enhance gamplay??? in real life, a commander knows what is the area of effect of an artllery barrage but here you are left in the dark, you'd think that the icon is enough, but no. there have been so many times that i though the icon is far enough from my teammates yet i still get TKs
simply write down what is the radius of every type of artillery in a tooltip (example - "mortars 500 radius" it's very simple! (assuming that every square on the map is 100 meters)
2) not respawning if you didn't chose your respawn location- what the hell??? first of all, preventing people to spawn is utter BS, the timer hit 0 yet you force the player to wait another 25 seconds just because he didn't click fast enough, if he didn't chose an area, then he should by default respawn near his SL or better, not wait for a whole addtional cycle!
someone doesn't like respawning this way? just circle in the options and it will be as normal.
3) respawn waves are completly unclear - this is very frustrating when playing commander, you see like 10 players waiting to spawn and you see that they have like 25 seconds in the timer, most logical thing to do is to force respawn, but nope, it was just the beginnig of a new cycle, the names instantly disapeared and my FR ended up respawning no one.
is it so hard to add "WAVE INBOUND" messge in the timer?
4) reloading completly cancled if the whole animation is not done - i know it's done to prevent the animation canceling the CoD is notorious for but accidently moving when all you had to do is to ♥♥♥♥ the gun is incredibly frustrating the solution, is again very easy yet not done: either do the cocking animation first or better, just add an 'uncocked' condition for the gun, so that you could insert the clip one instance and pull the bolt in another instance.
5) not being able to stop bandaging yourself - why??? why do i have to just stare at the barrel of an enemy rifle while my idiot soldier just keeps patching a little arm wound!?
the amount of times people died because of this is outrageous, you should be able to cancel bandaging whenever you want. even if it means you will keep bleeding.
6) not being able to reload, melee or change weapon while cycling the bolt. -
you are an amercian, you see a tojo charging, you shoot at him and you miss/hit arm, ok lets just take out the pistol/quickly stab him - NOPE GOTTA CYCLE THE BOLT FIRST!-, oh look, you are dead now.
EDIT: i know this can be fixed already by having to manually oporate the bolt, i personally really dislike this feature, i am already used to automatic bolting like in other FPS i shouldn't be forced to use a feature i dont like to oporate my gun properly.
9) no spawn protection area indicator - while in general spawn protection in a realistic shooter is something very silly, at least have damn decency to show where are the spawn protected areas on the map, suddenly walking up to these areas when sometimes you have mere seconds to turn back can be very frustrating, and can easily get you shot by the enemy because while you are frantically run away - completly exposed.
even more frustrating is constantly getting "arty cordinates invalid" when you try to place a mark and just guess where it's allowed to put a mark.
add an indicator to sapwn protected areas on the map, this is very simple!
10) tie breaker is utter ♥♥♥♥♥♥***
most servers have to rounds per map from some reson, and when both teams got a win the "tie breaker" goes into effect: whatever team has most combined points wins the second round.
this is plain crap because 99.9% of the times the attacking team willl win because they naturally get more points from capping objectives.
this means that even if you managed to win the second round as defenders, it will still be considered a loss! meaning that playing a second round as defenders is pointless!
remove the tiebreaker! it records none-existent losses in the player's profile!
***) -i know a lot of people will disagree with this one- ) ONLY RELEVANT IN RISING STORM. your character just pokes the air around the enemy with the bayonnet like an idiot even though he is clearly in range.
in real life you can easily hit people precisely in melee combat because you have hand-to-eye cordination, yet in this game instead of locking on the enemy or swing a wide arc to stab the bayonnet just hits a tiny little point in the center of the screen, and because of no crosshairs, it's pretty hard finding it especially in situation when every half second counts.
if you got close enough to the enemy you should be rewarded with a kill and not poke the air around him like an idio.t stabbing someone at 0 range should be a friggin' surgery.
funnily enough, without the bayonnet, melee is a swing in a large arch, so getting a melee kill with a stock of a gun has a lot more chances of hitting making the bayonnet actually a downgrade.
in stalingrad howevel, i do not have these problems somehow...
Last edited by Jolly Jew
Mar 17, 2014 @ 2:31pm