skydancer Jun 8 @ 7:45am
Why people hack when there's nothing to achieve?
Never understand why ppl hack without any reason in game like this one and on open public server.
There's no powerfull things to unlock, no ranking to climb, no money to win, just ruin fun of casual players... it's soo sad and seem there's more and more hackers everyday.
Last edited by skydancer; Jun 8 @ 7:45am
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Badstormer Jun 8 @ 7:56am 
Just to annoy people. They enjoy it.
DonutMongoose Jun 8 @ 8:06am 
Because they cant get one up on anything else in life, so they pick the lowest common denomeneter to cheat on.
I.R.B.Y. Jun 8 @ 8:17am 
Aggred
Proteus Jun 8 @ 9:29am 
Some to griefe, many because they are too lazy to learn the game (which would enable them to win battles with their skills instead of cheats) ... at least this is my assumption (backed by observations of the postings of many VAC banned in the "Terminated Message" and other threads about the new server feature)
Bodkins(UK) Jun 8 @ 9:42am 
The reason people hack is because they have a hack to use... Don't try to understand thier motives you never will.

When i see a hacker i always think the same thing....

Even Ted bundy had hobbies as a child...
Last edited by Bodkins(UK); Jun 8 @ 9:43am
Ebannaw Jun 8 @ 7:16pm 
So that people like us can have discussions about it, and the great cosmic consciousness that prevails through us can have just one more story and facet about itself to tell. Even if it is a seemingly mundane irrelevant piece of reality.
General Sherman Jun 8 @ 8:36pm 
Because they are human Cancer that only know how to destroy.
bastins Jun 8 @ 10:35pm 
I suspect most people cheat out of fear.

For example, when I was a dumb little kid, I used to use cheats all the time in Grand Theft Auto. Looking back, it was primarily due to a fear of not being good enough to do things the right way. It was much more comforting to use a cheat to get away from the police, for example, than it was to actually have the skill to do it legitimately. Having to work for their fun and success is a scary thought.

And then there are of course, like Badstormer said, the sociopaths who just want to irritate everyone else. Worse, these people thrive on the hate and rage that often gets thrown at them during a game.

Lastly, there's the people hacking simply for the sake of fun. They're not really there to annoy anyone, they just lack the basic social skills to realize that what they're doing isn't fun for anyone but them.
Last edited by bastins; Jun 8 @ 10:37pm
.ZeRo|*Grizzledorf of Crom* Jun 8 @ 11:57pm 
Originally posted by bastins:
I suspect most people cheat out of fear.

For example, when I was a dumb little kid, I used to use cheats all the time in Grand Theft Auto. Looking back, it was primarily due to a fear of not being good enough to do things the right way. It was much more comforting to use a cheat to get away from the police, for example, than it was to actually have the skill to do it legitimately. Having to work for their fun and success is a scary thought.

And then there are of course, like Badstormer said, the sociopaths who just want to irritate everyone else. Worse, these people thrive on the hate and rage that often gets thrown at them during a game.

Lastly, there's the people hacking simply for the sake of fun. They're not really there to annoy anyone, they just lack the basic social skills to realize that what they're doing isn't fun for anyone but them.

cheating on a single player game vs a online one is wayy different. grand theft auto the main reason to use cheats is just to have fun in a somewhat sandboxish environment or if your stuck at a spot u can use it to pass it.

doing it online such as a shooter like this game. is just knowingly being a jerk
[RMC]Mjr VIK Jun 9 @ 12:02am 
is just knowingly being a jerk lol i was thinking more like small minded inbreds
.ZeRo|*Grizzledorf of Crom* Jun 9 @ 12:07am 
Originally posted by RMCMjr VIK:
is just knowingly being a jerk lol i was thinking more like small minded inbreds

small minded inbreds couldnt get much further past opening a can of pbr and then getting into a domestic dispute. all that would happen before they could even get on their dial up.
[RMC]Mjr VIK Jun 9 @ 7:19am 
LOL
jb9186 Jun 9 @ 7:47am 
Originally posted by Ebannaw:
So that people like us can have discussions about it, and the great cosmic consciousness that prevails through us can have just one more story and facet about itself to tell. Even if it is a seemingly mundane irrelevant piece of reality.

That's deep bruh.
Kharn! Jun 9 @ 12:37pm 
There was an article in PCGamer about cheaters this month, stating that there are basically two kinds of cheater,

1) The Rage Cheater: who does it to ruin your day ("for the Lulz!") and doesn't even try to hide it, mayhem is their ultimate goal
2) Closet Cheater: One who hides it, does it to be able to complete with players better thamselves, low self esteem and various other issues.

Of the ones I have seen on RO2 most have been Rage cheaters.
Tig Ol Bitties Jun 9 @ 1:51pm 
Originally posted by Kharn!:
There was an article in PCGamer about cheaters this month, stating that there are basically two kinds of cheater,

1) The Rage Cheater: who does it to ruin your day ("for the Lulz!") and doesn't even try to hide it, mayhem is their ultimate goal
2) Closet Cheater: One who hides it, does it to be able to complete with players better thamselves, low self esteem and various other issues.

Of the ones I have seen on RO2 most have been Rage cheaters.

...and it's the "closet cheaters" that lead many to believe that cheating in pc gaming is rare. Nonsense. The 'smart' cheaters know which cheats to use and how often to go undetected. Just another nail in the coffin for pc gaming, I suppose...
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 8 @ 7:45am
Posts: 19