Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 Multiplayer

View Stats:
Kelly's Hero Jul 29, 2014 @ 3:57am
Panzerfaust in the anti-tank class ?
I wanna ask the developers if they could add the panzerfaut to the anti-tank class, because in my opinion it needs a buff.
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
< >
Bad Wolf [24pz] Jul 29, 2014 @ 4:00am 
Would be too OP .You could take the tank out with one shot from a mile away.It would be impossible for the tank to survive for more than 2 mins.The way the game is for now the anti tank combat is pretty balanced.If you manage to go close to the tank you can one shot it with the anti tank grenade but if you want to snipe you have your work cut out for you with the anti tank rifle.
Proteus Jul 29, 2014 @ 4:19am 
Even the development of the predecessor to the Panzerfaust, the Faustpatrone only began in rhe 2nd half of 1942 ... and the first versions weren´t delivered to the front before the 2nd half of 1943 ... too late for Stalingrad
Last edited by Proteus; Jul 29, 2014 @ 4:19am
=(e)= Lemonater47 Jul 29, 2014 @ 6:17am 
Panzerfaust penetrated 20cm of armour.

Almost 4 times the armour of both tanks lol.
=(e)= Lemonater47 Jul 29, 2014 @ 6:47am 
Originally posted by holyburst:
If that happen, I'll use that against enemy infantry, Especially MG nest or pillbox.

It was a directional explosive attached to a rocket. So it would be as about as effective as throwing an AT nade at infantry.
- Stich - Jul 29, 2014 @ 11:07am 
I wouldn't mind the panzerfaust ingame if the devs put realistic ranges on it. The panzerfaust irl had an effective range of only about 60m tops.

In RO Ostfront I've seen panzerfausts launched with a high arc and reach out 300-400m and kill tanks. It was ridiculous, and extremely OP in the hands of someone who could accurately lob them way out there like that.
Loco Jul 29, 2014 @ 11:54am 
Would love to see it ingame.

Just maybe have to find a way to support the russkies then too, could be quite too OP having the same team have access to the MG34 AND the Panzerfaust.
Chocolate Treats Jul 29, 2014 @ 1:47pm 
Originally posted by Loco:
Would love to see it ingame.

Just maybe have to find a way to support the russkies then too, could be quite too OP having the same team have access to the MG34 AND the Panzerfaust.
dont forget the soon to be mg-42

but thats part of the problem too, idk what kind of AT stuff the russians could have to help balance
Swim Jul 29, 2014 @ 2:41pm 
Originally posted by - Stich -:
I wouldn't mind the panzerfaust ingame if the devs put realistic ranges on it. The panzerfaust irl had an effective range of only about 60m tops.

In RO Ostfront I've seen panzerfausts launched with a high arc and reach out 300-400m and kill tanks. It was ridiculous, and extremely OP in the hands of someone who could accurately lob them way out there like that.
Anything is OP in the hands of someone who can do crap like that.
Macedonian Phalanx Jul 29, 2014 @ 3:39pm 
Meh Panzerfaust was too late to see combat in Stalingrad, so it doesn't work in RO2 (also to the range thing, there are different Panzerfaust types with different max ranges).
Keijo Jul 29, 2014 @ 4:06pm 
Well you cant kill a tank from 300-400m in ostfront with that but you can kill a tank from lets say 80-100m. You cannot how ever kill a good tanker from 80-100m because he is aware of that and will do to correct counter measures.

In ostfront it's perfectly balanced, a good panzerfauster can easily ♥♥♥♥ a noob tanker over and over again and a good tanker will always know what a dude is going to do with a panzerfaust and be ready for it.

But the problem with ro2 is kinda that when you have the creator of the panzer ♥♥♥♥♥♥ at rifle and flamethrower, if these people would make a panzerfaust it would be totally gamebreaking:P. These people cannot ever ever create a paunzerfaust into the game, it is banned.



Traffic Conez Jul 30, 2014 @ 1:07am 
Panzerfaust were not issued in the Seige of Stalingrad. I highly doubt the developers would break the historic realism to include a rather OP weapon.
Wookie Jul 30, 2014 @ 6:53am 
Originally posted by - Stich -:
I wouldn't mind the panzerfaust ingame if the devs put realistic ranges on it. The panzerfaust irl had an effective range of only about 60m tops.

In RO Ostfront I've seen panzerfausts launched with a high arc and reach out 300-400m and kill tanks. It was ridiculous, and extremely OP in the hands of someone who could accurately lob them way out there like that.
It would actually depend on which version of the Panzerfaust is used. They could range anywhere between 30m and 150m, again, depending on what version it was. Obviously you would only find a handful of 150m ones in march 1945. Was mostly 30-60m versions..
badboygoy Jul 30, 2014 @ 1:38pm 
I dont see why this shouldnt be added, Arad is set in Romania, and Rokwice in Poland, so clearly staying with the Stalingrad setting isnt the goal anymore.
- Stich - Jul 30, 2014 @ 1:55pm 
Originally posted by Keijo:
Well you cant kill a tank from 300-400m in ostfront with that but you can kill a tank from lets say 80-100m. You cannot how ever kill a good tanker from 80-100m because he is aware of that and will do to correct counter measures.

In ostfront it's perfectly balanced, a good panzerfauster can easily ♥♥♥♥ a noob tanker over and over again and a good tanker will always know what a dude is going to do with a panzerfaust and be ready for it.

But the problem with ro2 is kinda that when you have the creator of the panzer ♥♥♥♥♥♥ at rifle and flamethrower, if these people would make a panzerfaust it would be totally gamebreaking:P. These people cannot ever ever create a paunzerfaust into the game, it is banned.

Uh, then you've never played Ostfront. Because you certainly CAN kill a tank with a panzerfaust at 300-400m range. I've played a few thousand hours of RO Ost in my time, i've seen it occur on numerous occasions. There use to be a couple of players who killed tanks with panzerfausts at that range on a regular basis. Now, keep in mind this was several years ago when that game had a much larger following.

Unfortunately you have your profile locked so I can't tell if you've even played RO Ost at all. But judging from that comment If I had to guess I'd have to say you haven't even played RO Ost or you would have emphatically agreed with me.
Last edited by - Stich -; Jul 30, 2014 @ 1:59pm
- Stich - Jul 30, 2014 @ 2:02pm 
Originally posted by Joe Tollroad:
I dont see why this shouldnt be added, Arad is set in Romania, and Rokwice in Poland, so clearly staying with the Stalingrad setting isnt the goal anymore.

I agree, this game has moved on from Stalingrad. Why Tripwire decided to pigeonhole themselves with just a Stalingrad setting at release still boggles me.

The game needs to evolve or people will grow bored and leave. The way to keep people playing is new content, i.e. maps, weapons, settings, factions, etc.
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jul 29, 2014 @ 3:57am
Posts: 24