This thread contains solutions to the most common technical issues for Shogun 2.
For an in-depth look at any issues you are experiencing, you can create a thread at our official support forums, which can be found here:http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisplay.php/96-Total-War-Shogun-2-Support-Forum
Once you've created your thread, a member of The Creative Assembly or a volunteer moderator will be able to give your issue an in-depth look.
If you are experiencing the following technical issues when installing or playing Shogun 2 / Fall of the Samurai, please try the corresponding solutions:If you are experiencing the message "Game is currently unavailable (dependency failure)":
1) Check Steam > Library > Tools drop down menu
2) Is the “Total War: Shogun 2 – Assembly Kit” installed, downloading, or paused in the process of downloading? If so, resume the download, and let it complete before running Shogun 2 again.
3) Is the “Total War: Shogun 2 – TED” installed, downloading or paused in the process of downloading? If so, resume the download, and let it complete before running Shogun 2 again.If you attempt to launch Shogun 2 from Steam and nothing happens:
1) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\redist
2) Run the following installers:
3) Access the DirectX folder
4) Run DXSETUP.exe
5) Restart your PC and run Shogun 2If the game crashes on the splash screen:
This may be due to malware known as Incredibar, which conflicts with processes that Shogun 2 uses.
1) Access Regedit
2) In the Registry Editor, click on Computer
3) Press the Ctrl and F keys on the keyboard at the same time.
4) Type Incredibar in the Find box, and click on Find Next
5) If you find an instance of Incredibar, delete it, and click on Find Next. Repeat until your PC states that it has finished searching.