hinick Mar 19 @ 7:04am
Poor graphics
hey, i just bought the game and it wont let me put the graphics above low and above medium changing them manualy which sucks as my computer can run it but i think the game hasnt recognised that? Thanks for any help
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
< >
Surprisekitty Mar 19 @ 7:27am 
Whats your Processor and Graphics Card?
hinick Mar 19 @ 10:05am 
Processor: intell core i5-42000 2.50 GHz
Card: Intell HD 4600

I dont really know what that means but im sure it should be able to run it?
Surprisekitty Mar 19 @ 10:16am 
Originally posted by hinick:
Processor: intell core i5-42000 2.50 GHz
Card: Intell HD 4600

I dont really know what that means but im sure it should be able to run it?

Your graphics card looks fine, question though - Is it an integrated graphics card? Also, is your processor a dual core? Going off the assumption that your processor isn't dual core, its actually .10 Ghz below the minimum requirements (If its a dual core, its fine)... so I assume your game forcefully lowered the settings to accomadate.
Last edited by Surprisekitty; Mar 19 @ 10:17am
mak58 Mar 19 @ 10:17am 

Operating System: Windows XP / Vista / 7

Minimum Specs Processor: 2 GHz Intel Dual Core / 2.6 GHz Intel Single Core, or AMD equivalent (with SSE2)

Memory: 1 GB System RAM (XP) / 2 GB System RAM (Vista / 7)

Graphics: DirectX 9.0c compliant video card with 256 MB RAM (Shader Model 3)

Screen Resolution: 1024x768 minimum

Sound: DirectX Compatible

Hard Drive: 20 GB free space


Recommended Spec:

Operating System: Windows XP / Vista / 7

Processor: 2nd Generation Intel Core I5 processor (or greater), or AMD equivalent

Memory: 2 GB System RAM (XP) / 3 GB System RAM (Vista / 7)

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 5000 and 6000 series graphics cards or equivalent DirectX 11 compatible graphics card.

Screen Resolution: 1280x1024 minimum

Sound: DirectX Compatible

Hard Drive: 20 GB free space
Surprisekitty Mar 19 @ 10:20am 
Originally posted by mak58:
Operating System: Windows XP / Vista / 7

Minimum Specs Processor: 2 GHz Intel Dual Core / 2.6 GHz Intel Single Core, or AMD equivalent (with SSE2)

Memory: 1 GB System RAM (XP) / 2 GB System RAM (Vista / 7)

Graphics: DirectX 9.0c compliant video card with 256 MB RAM (Shader Model 3)

Screen Resolution: 1024x768 minimum

Sound: DirectX Compatible

Hard Drive: 20 GB free space


Recommended Spec:

Operating System: Windows XP / Vista / 7

Processor: 2nd Generation Intel Core I5 processor (or greater), or AMD equivalent

Memory: 2 GB System RAM (XP) / 3 GB System RAM (Vista / 7)

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 5000 and 6000 series graphics cards or equivalent DirectX 11 compatible graphics card.

Screen Resolution: 1280x1024 minimum

Sound: DirectX Compatible

Hard Drive: 20 GB free space

Reposting specs isn't helping the issue.
Res| 汁 Mar 19 @ 10:26am 
Did you turn on DX10 and Shader on high etc.?
mak58 Mar 19 @ 10:30am 
Your cpu barely meets minimum requirements, your video card i think is intergrated, so sorry to tell you but you will struggle to play on anything but lower settings. thats why i posted the specs so you could compare.
VKuechler Mar 19 @ 11:22am 
I agree with Mak58. Your processor is designed for a laptop (it's the 4200M from what I can tell). Even though it is an effective processor for a laptop, it's not really gaming cpu (benchmarked at 4178 via Passmark). You need a lot of processing power for this game. You can make some of that speed up using a SSD, but it's negligible. Here's a guy playing Shogun2 with the integrated HD4600, but he's got a i7-4770 (benchmark: 9957, significantly higher than yours). Note in the description that he's playing the game on low graphics settings (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqXZidav13s)
hinick Mar 19 @ 1:14pm 
Damn, thanks everyone and it is a laptop and i think its integrated (dont really know what that is but i havent put it in myself or anything) also systemrequirementslab.com lied to me, it says i surpass the minimum and recomended requirements
Bdbtoys Mar 19 @ 4:04pm 
Yes, that is an integrated card... It bacisally means the 'video card' is built into the processor. The integrated cards in the i3/5/7 CPU's and even the A6/8/10 CPU's are not terrible by any means (compared to integrated gpu/cpu from previous generations) as they will actually allow you to play games, however it will not match the speed that a newer generation dedicated card can provide. But being a laptop, that is something you had to look for before purchasing it because as a general rule the CPU/GPU combo you buy with the laptop is what you are stuck with.
Last edited by Bdbtoys; Mar 19 @ 4:15pm
hinick Mar 19 @ 5:12pm 
i was looking for dedicated but couldn't get the same other specs for under £500
Surprisekitty Mar 19 @ 5:31pm 
Originally posted by Bdbtoys:
Yes, that is an integrated card... It bacisally means the 'video card' is built into the processor. The integrated cards in the i3/5/7 CPU's and even the A6/8/10 CPU's are not terrible by any means (compared to integrated gpu/cpu from previous generations) as they will actually allow you to play games, however it will not match the speed that a newer generation dedicated card can provide. But being a laptop, that is something you had to look for before purchasing it because as a general rule the CPU/GPU combo you buy with the laptop is what you are stuck with.

What! £500? You could have built a computer that would run the minimum specs with less than £500 (Not to to much less) - Yes, you would have to search around, but... its doable.
hinick Mar 19 @ 5:36pm 
Like i said, i have no idea what any of this stuff is i pritty much know some tings that are better than other things and thats it. besides, this was £150 off so im assuming for £650 RRP its got to be someway decent :P
@oxy182 Mar 20 @ 11:42am 
for gaming its generally better to use a dedicated gpu rather than an integrated. You shouldnt always trust those requirement sites the best way is to look for yourself on your computer, look at your hardware and see where you are in terms of specifications. for a laptop your card isnt ba by any means but total war games can be pretty taxing on GPU's as VKuescler said an Solid State Drive will help loa the game faster but wont really help much in terms of the graphics sorry i couldnt give you any better news!
Naxix Mar 20 @ 10:38pm 
Intel HD 4600 is an integrated gpu. Despite it being good for what it does, gaming is not one of them. Sorry to say but you will pretty much have no choice but to play on low settings with that laptop. If you can get past the graphics, it is still a good game. When purchasing any pc whether a laptop or desktop for gaming, always make sure you are getting a dedicated graphics card and not integrated. There are a lot of games out there that will not even start up on a integrated laptop gpu.
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 19 @ 7:04am
Posts: 42