Zamieszczono: 3 lipca
Driver San Francisco Positives
- The story is a good concept and executed well, it is an interesting twist compared to normal driving games, this gives a unique feel to it and makes gameplay much more dynamic.
- Relating to the dynamic gameplay, the quick vehicle teleporter in one word, is fun to play around with. Not only are you able to change vehicles but you can do it in a great way, you exit the vehicle from the air, and in the air you can move around before choosing your next car. This makes things like crashes much more fun. For example, say you're driving down a hill at 60MPH, there's a wall right ahead, you teleport out and pick a car which is going across in the other direction and you can watch your car hit the wall, all before you play it back numerous times with the in-game video editor.
- The map is well made and there’s plenty to explore, once you're driving about there's no more load times and you're free to just cruise around the map, running from the police or being to be the police.
- There's an extensive range of cars to choose from, these range from vans to sports cars, all licensed and well detailed. This makes gameplay even more fun as you can see many of these cars driving around, making the game even more realistic. Negatives
- Lack of steering wheel / joystick support. Although this isn't a necessarily bad thing for most, it is annoying that a steering wheel can't be used; however the 'WASD' keys still drive fine.
- Multiplayer doesn't seem to work, my best guess is the servers are probably outdated. This is annoying as it does say that there's multiplayer support on the store page, but in honest the single player suffices.
- You're forced to use Uplay. Yep, even though you've bought this game on Steam you have to go through the pointless phase of creating an account for Uplay and then adding friends before you can play the game, this is just an unnecessary step that has been added.
TL;DR Good game and story, with a unique concept, but a poor PC port and Ubisoft's Uplay bring this game down to a 7.Yes, I mark harshly, this is because you can't have a game which is rated a 10/10, another game is always going to be better and there is always going to be small errors with a game, I am sure no company will ever get a perfect game, that's what makes games fun.