Julkaistu 3. heinäkuu.
I bought all LEGO games on impulse and this was the first one that I played and finished. I have mixed feelings about it. While the thematic is amazing (STAR WARS!!!11!!) and it recreates all movies stories perfectly the game itself doesn't offer a real challenge and it is really annoying sometimes.
- Thematic and story
- Lots of humour
- You can play with almost every Star Wars character
- LOTS of things to find in every level
- Friendly AI is impressive on some levels (pathfinding + actions)
- Starship and flight controls and combat are really bad and stressful. Yes, the flight levels are awful. Actually I would say that vehicle controls overall are terrible in this game.
- Music and Sound can be really annoying. I know we are talking about Star Wars music, but it just doesn't stop playing anytime.
- The only challenge is to collect all coins (stud) to then buy stuff in the store, to get to 100%. I finished all levels and story mode with 27% and I don't plan on coming back to keep collecting coins just to buy some new characters.
- Enemy AI is dumb most of the time.
- Repetitive. On Episode VI I just wanted to finish it ASAP.
I don't know if this is the default recipe for LEGO games, but the next LEGO game I'll play has to be a newer one with achievements, because I want to check if the mechanics and challenges have changed - but specially the vehicle controls. So I'll decide it the other ones that I own will be worth playing.
Score: 6 / 10.
TL;DR; Play only if you are a Star Wars fan or if you are a game completionist and like replaying the same levels over and over again to find and collect all stuff.