简体中文 (Simplified Chinese)
繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese)
Help us translate Steam
Day of Defeat
Day of Defeat
Aug 26 @ 5:33am
What's good tactic in DoD?
Sep 3 @ 8:46am
This is a very old clan site...there are tips somewhere in the writeup
Nov 22 @ 12:22am
Best tactics is pretty much the same as for paintball or infantry firefights IRL. Well, some adaptions to game rules and mechanics apply obviously. :)
1) Teamwork wins. Coordinated efforts and good goal oriented communication can win a game.
2) Run and gun in the open is stupid. It's all what a lot of kids want, even to the extend of them getting aggressive towards smarter players, but these kid's behavior just adds to the idiocy. ;) BTW, it's always a waste of precious time to fight within a team. Don't try to teach'em manners, just try to become a better player yourself...
3) Dominate open areas that your opponents have to use from a good firing position. (Think chess - Denying them movement across fields and lines can be a game winner.)
4) Shy open terrain, don't expose yourself too much. Move under cover.
5) Watch out for windows, sniper holes, hiding places.
6) Frontal attacks are usually suicidal. Prepare your advance along the flanks.
7) If friendly fire can kill, comm with your team mates regarding the kill vectors.
8) Find buddies. In tricky maps like avalanche and avalanche-improvements you want someone to shield your back. And you really should cover your buddies back.
9) Don't abuse the voice comm channel. It can save your ♥♥♥ to hear a warning call + it might reveal your opponents intend or position.
Feind hört mit!
10) There is aways: Left flank, right flank, center, assault force, defense positions, different roles, positions and vectors for sustained support fire, sniper fire, suppressive fire, hunt and kill behind the lines, ambushes and so on. If no player implements one of these things - it's a crucial weakness. Work as a team to fill the most important gaps and make do with the remaining weaknesses.
Nov 30 @ 6:55am
Excellent points by califax75, you can alos use maps as indications of how the opposing team is pushing, DOD is about area containment and control, flags can be bait as well btw, and for double/triple flags (requires 2 or 3 people to cap), you can basically get 2/3 free frags if you can sneak on them the right way, this goes the other way too, if you try to cap a double/triple flag, expect rapage without proper team covering fire from your flanks and rear, it really takes teamwork
Per page: 15
Aug 26 @ 5:33am
Start a new discussion
Discussions Rules and Guidelines
Game Trade HELP PLEASE [BIRTHDAY]
Need help with bugged resolution
Fatal Error missing decals.wad??
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
Some geospatial data on this website is provided by
Steam Subscriber Agreement
Report this post
Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.